Chapter: 3

Missing? I put them right here! Oh my god. It is 5 to 11. Whom should I call?
Sia? Right, SIA! She said she will be at the stall. Right!? Please be there... Jin rushed to the stall where he first saw Sia. He found Sia there staring directly at him.

"Sia! I need a help." Jin came worried.

Sia seeing Jin worried, she looked concerned. "And, that is?"

"I missed my bag with paints."

Sia smiled to herself, "I know!" She mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing! You want me to help you?"

"Yes! Thank you."

Sia helped Jin to find them, but no positive result. "There's no much time left, take these with you." She said and gave her bag of paint tools.

"Whose tools are these?" Jin didn't think of sia having the tools. Sia shook his head. "We can talk in peace after the competition. Go now!"

Jin was on cloud nine. "Thank you so much. I owe you one! Bye~" Jin smiled at Sia and went back to his place.

~The competition already started. The announcer asked them to paint a picture of anything in their premises.

~Jin took note of it and started painting. Everything in the place, became silent.

~Jin immediately plug in his earphones and started playing his favourite playlist.

~He did what he told himself to do before starting the painting.

You can do this, Jin! Piece of cake, remember? Yes!

Jin started the painting. The lady who was hosting was reminding people as she told.

"One and a half hour passed."
.
.
"One hour left."
.
.
"Half an hour left."
.
"Attention people, Mr. Jeon arrived."

Everybody took a glance at him, while Jin didn't. That made Jungkook look at Jin, surprised!
He retrieved his look, rather dissatisfied.
He took at seat on the stage.

"You have fifteen minutes left. Hurry up, guys. You will be given no extra time."
.
"You have 10 mins left."
.
Jin slowly removed his earphones, put them in his bag. And then again started to paint it. Checking if it needs final touches. Then..

Done. You did great, Jinnie! I am so proud of you!

"Ok, guys. 5 minutes left. When you are asked to stop, you have to stop painting."
.
"A...nd DONE. Brushes down, you all."

"Now, we will have Mr. Jeon go through the paintings and select the winner. And you have to also tell the reason why did you choose the scenario for the picture."

Jin sighed in relief, because he was satisfied with his painting.

Jungkook was checking the other side from the beginning.. Jin was feeling nervous and simultaneously soothing himself from feeling any nervous further more.

It's totally fine. You can do this.

Jin saw Jungkook coming towards him, one after the other, his heart started to race. He can see and hear people cheering for him more than people cheering for their friends participating in the competition.

"Kookie, I love you! You are so handsome." A girl from the crowd yelled out.

"Jungkook, sarangheo~" Another girl. Then the other, then the other.

Wah!

Jin put his hand on his heart and caught his breath, staring directly at Jungkook. It was Jin's turn to show his painting. He slowly took a deep breath, 3 times and smiled at Jungkook. He showed his picture.

"This is very beautiful but.. Nothing in here is like your pain-" The lady said without thinking. More like judging.

Jungkook stopped her from talking andd glared at her. This competition is held by him and he has to judge not anybody else. "Can you explain why did you select this scenario, when the announcer asked you to select something from your premises?" He coldly asked Jin.

Jin took a deep breath before starting.

He smiled proudly at his own painting. "This scenario is from my imagination. I painted it, imagining things in my own brain."

He continued, "And I selected to paint something from my imagination because my premises can change, while my imagination is always with me. Anytime you want me paint something from the premises, I can easily do that. But, imagination needs effort. And I believe in My Effort and not in anything else. This might not be convincing but, I think it is more better than others."

"When you asked people to paint something from their premises, even you don't have anything in mind and so you selected to let people paint what they see in their premises and that it very random. Even the painters here, selected things at random. Some might have painted trees, some buildings, some sky, clouds, etc, but I painted something from my own effort. And in simple words.. 'PEOPLE PAINTED THEIR PREMISES, I PAINTED MY IMAGINATION, WHICH IS ALWAYS IN MY PREMISES'."

Jungkook has a poker face on. He stared at Jin for several minutes. And went straight up to the stage.

Jungkook took the mic from the staff and announced. "I got the winner here. And I am going to announce the name.

The name... Is Jin, it is said.. Kim Seokjin.

Remaining people, Thank you so much for the participation. I know this is not the way things has to end, but I think I found the one, am looking for." He stated without guilt. He quickly handed the mic to the staff and went straight towards his car. He said something to his assistant.

Jin lost his words. He didn't understand what just happened. He kept silent, but kept his eyes on the only human who seems to be in his mind, day and night.

Should I be happy or sad?

__________________________________________________

[E]