T H R E E

Diana

I fumbled with the cup of coffee in my hands, trying not to spill it. One thing that is routine for me is getting up at the crack of dawn and getting coffee. Back home it was regular for my friends and I to stop at Starbucks or our local coffee shop. My eyes scanned the road to make sure I wouldn't run into anyone, again.

To be fair it was his fault. He wasn't looking where he was going and full on was sprinting to his car, so not my fault. But I think I have a mark on my back now.

The sun was coming up, giving my skin a glow. "Omg I love your outfit." I looked up to see a few girls walking towards me.

"Thanks." They pulled out their phones and walked the other way, expecting me to complement them. Not with how they looked.

"Don't worry about them. They just want people to look at them." I turned around to see a girl and guy sitting on the curb, taking a hit. "Want one?"

I shook my head no as I moved closer to them. The girl was pretty no doubt and the guy was cute also. Both had blonde hair, girls more of a dirty blonde. Siblings most likely.

"Skylar," the girl said sticking out her hand. I shook her hand.

"Diana." My name was simple, but most people liked it. I wanted more of a unique name but nothing that I can really do about it all.

"Nice name and oh my name is Neil," the boy said sticking out his hand to shake. I gave him a smile as we shook hands.

How long were these people here for? They took a hit before blowing it out. I gave a small cough as some hit my face. "Well it was nice meeting you all but I have to go."

Skylars face scrunched up in confusion as she reached for my arm. "You know that person who ran into you right?" I gave her a puzzled look. "That is fucking Vinnie Hacker." My eyes darted from her to Neil.

"Who?" The name sounded somewhat familiar but didn't ring a bell.

"He is like one of the best boxers out there and get this, he is only 21!" Skylar seemed over the top happy to be in a 100 feet radius from where he was.

"Well isn't that nice but I could care less about boxing," I said trying to leave but they held me back.

"How about we go out tonight and we can catch you up on him?" Skylar asked as she grabbed my phone punching her and Neils numbers in. "Okay?"

"Sure just let me know." With those words I left. They seemed nice but over the top too happy to have seen me run into the Vince dude, what was his name again?

I adjusted my bag as I walked down the calm streets. My phone buzzed in my pocket as I pulled it out.

New York's baddest bitches 🙄🤟🏼

Jase 💪🏻: You need to come back
now like I can't handle these dumb
fuckers

Jess 🙇🏼‍♀️: Shut the hell up before I
cut your dick off

   Me:  Wtf is happening over there

Allie 🤍: Wish I could tell you