Charter 4

Its 10 o'clock when Derek leaves. Thats when i decide to call Melissa McCall and tell her Scott is going to be staying the night at out house.

"Go to bed boys!" I say to them at 12:15.

"Not yet let us finnish this last game!" Stiles says clearly focusing on his weird ass game.

"Now! You were ment to be asleep 15 minutes ago!" I groan.

"Maddy please just one more game!" Scott begs.

"Ugh fine! One more! But straight off after that!" I say.

"Thanks Maddy!" They say at the same time. I laugh and go back to my bedroom. I power on my phone and see that there is a message from an unknown number.

"Is this Maddy Stilinski" the text reads.

"Nope this is not Maddy no way!" I reply.

"Sorry Maddys little brother gave me this number. He must have gave me a fake one!" The person texts back.

"This is Maddy who is this." I ask.

"Maddy its Derek" the text reads. My heart skips a beat and i smile.

"So why'd you want my number?" I ask Derek.

"To text you. Obviously!" He texts back.

Incoming call

Is the notification that showed up on my screen next. I answer it.

"Hello?" I say into the microphone.

"Hey Maddy" Derek says.

"Did you seriously ask my little brother for my number?" I ask him.

"Well i didnt get it when we were in high school so yeah i guess i did." He replies.

"You could have just asked me!" I tell him.

"I know but you would have probably made a sarcastic comment or joke about it so you know." He says.

"Ah yes you asked my little brother, the king of sarcasm, for my number because you didnt want sarcasm" i say and laugh. We talk for another hour and then i hear the front door open.

"I gotta go. My dads home!" I tell Derek.

"Okay bye" he says. I hang up the phone and go down stairs. My dad already has papers and files scattered around the table.

"Hi dad. Maybe you should try leave work at the station?" I joke. He looks up at me and sighs.

"I would if i could Maddy. Theres just too much to do. Do you know over 60% of the cases are not getting solved!" He says and tugs at his hair.

"You're trying your best. Theres only so much you can do!" I tell him and he nods weakly.

"You could give Parrish some of ... whstever this is" i say and pick up some of the files off the ground.

"I would but-" my dad is interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Could you get that?" He asks.

"Yeah sure im on it!" I say and walk out to the hall and to the door. I stop just as im about to open it. Something feels off. Who would be at the door at half one in the morning. Then the thing or person on the other side of the door knocks again.

"Maddy!" My dad yells. I slowly reach for the nob and turn it. When i open it theres no one there.

"Dad ill be back in a few okay?" I call out to my dad.

"Okay!" He calls back. I step outside and close the door behind me. Whoever or whatever is out here is not getting into the house unnoticed. I take a breath in but i cant smell anything. Whatever it is decided to hide against the wind. My heart starts pounding in my chest and i stuggle to keep calm. I can hear the pulse of someone else and i frantically look around. I start to feel dizzy but i quickly pull myself together. I use my claws and dig them into my hands and i am quickly brought back to reality. I take a breath in again and i can smell someone. I close my eyes and listen for anything. Thats when i hear faint footsteps behind me. I turn around quickly and open my eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing here! Its almost 2am!" I growl.

"Sorry but i wanted to tell you something!" He says.

"Could you not just text me!" I ask him.

"I tryed to call you again but your phone is off!" He rubs the back of his neck. Must be something he picked up off of Stiles.

"I swear to god Derek you could have waited. I was talking to my dad and my phone is upstairs!" I half yell half whisper.

"Well Scott is a warewolf too and i think the Alpha that bit you bit him too!" He says.

"And why couldnt that wait?" I ask him and cross my arms.

"Because-" he says before my dad interrupts.

"Maddy who is it?" He says rubbing his eyes. Derek goes into panic mode and hides around the corner. Why is he afraid of my dad.

I look around and shrug my shoulders. "Probably one of the neighbours playing a trick on us" i tell him.

"Okay come back inside!" He tells me.

"Okay" i say to my dad.

"We will talk more tommorrow!" I whisper and i doubt Derek heard me but it was worth a shot.

My doubts are answered when i hear him say "Okay goodnight Maddy!" I smile and walk back inside behind my dad.

That night i couldnt sleep at all. I was tossing and turning all night. When i finally manage to drift off Stiles and Scott come in to wake me up.

"You gonna drop us in to school today?" Stiles asks.

"Get out to the car ill be out in 10" i groan. They walk out of my room and i sit up. I roll out of my bed and drag myself to my closet. I stand up and change into a jeans a and a leather jacket. I quickly go out to my car and the two of them are standing outside the car arguing over who sits shotgun.

"Both of you! Back seat now!" I say to them both. Scott rolls his eyes and hops in the back. Stiles laughs and gets in the front. I walk over so the passengers seat open the door and pull Stiles out by his ear.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow" he whines.

"Back seat next to your boyfriend" i tease.

"Okay okay let me go let me go" he screeches. I let him go and he hops in the back beside Scott who is laughing historically.

When i drop them off at school i go home and get on running gear again. I go on the same rout as i did yesterday and about 20 minutes in i hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and cross my arms.

"Do you mind! Why does it seem like your following me everywhere!" I state.

"Maybe i am" he shrugs.

"Derek its kinda creepy not gonna lie to ya" i say and shake my head. I turn around and continue walking. I hear him jogging up and next thing i know it he is walking beside me.

We walk in silence for a few minutes. Out of nowhere he grabs my hand and turns left.

"Let me go!" I say and pull my hand out of his.

"No come on!" He says and grabs my hand again. I pull my hand out of his again. I cross my arms and stop walking. He stops when he is around 10 steps infront of me. He turns to look at me. I close my eyes and turn my head to the side. Next thing i know my feet are nolonger on the ground. I open my eyes and relise that he is lifting me over his shoulder.

"Hey put me down put me down!" I yell at him.

"No if you wont follow ill take you another way!" He says.

"Put me down!" I growl.

"We're almost there now so you can stay up there" he laughs.

"Ugh" i groan. He laughs and puts me down. We are back at his house... well whats left of it anyways. I look up at him and he looks down at me.