Chapter 15

Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

-Rumi quotes

*******

Till the duration of the gathering Alakananda decided to avoid Avyukt, that ring somewhere pinched her but she decided to mask her expression well and move on. Throughout the meet she thought it would be better to stay away from him in case he gets any hints or something happens to his relationship that would really affect her.

Avyukt on the other hand could not resist meeting Alaknanda's eye, he tried to make sure that by any chance he gets to be beside her or get a chance to talk with her in private but all his efforts were in vain. As there were no chance as well as Alakananda decided not to give him any. At the time of bidding the guest farewell everybody was lined till the guest reached their respective government owned cars. It was Avyukt's turn,

All have gathered towards her,

'Thankyou, Mr Avyukt Agarawal for giving your precious time to our college they really need your advices better. Youth nowadays needs direction.'

The Dean, Mr. Lalji said in his army tone everybody agreed to him in sync.

While Alka was standing behind in the crowd, she was looking down not meeting an eye to Avyukt. She was just desparately finding a chance to skip this.

'Alka, I need your help.' Mrs Khanna's voice came as a help.' Alakananda left. She wanted some air. The minutes she left she gave a big sigh she needed some air after something like. There was tension between them throughout the function she wanted to avoid Avyukt at all cost especially that ring was hurting her.

'Why would he wait for you?'

Her mind was taunting her, she was completely absorbed in Avyukt's thoughts. She was happy that he could finally become what he wanted from so long. But that ring, she left a sigh.

After that she tried to kept herself busy again in her work. Nothing major have happened in these 7 months. Alakananda was on the verge of completing her Ph.D so she kept herself engrossed she wanted to do something good and achieve highest goals so she kept herself engrossed in her work and it already two months since she met her parents. Last time she went to Varanasi she met with 'photographs' of some young men but no on enechanted her, somewhere this fear of losing oneself in marriage kept herself engrossed and she couldn't understand why she has to give up her whole dream just to look and be happy becoming someone's better half. Why she can't be an equal? A place where she could just feel liberal to continue doing what she's good. How difficult it was for a society to accept a woman with ambitious, why there was no place for growth.

Alaknanda was engrossed in her thoughts, till then her phone rang breaking her chain of arguments with oneself. It was ' Maa' flashing over it.

'Hello Maa, I am sorry I couldn't come these exams and everything are keeping me busy.' Alakananda started explaining before Vrinda could say anything.

'It's okay beta, can understand it's exams season.'

'Thank you, Maa.'

Alaknanda was in a midst to inform her mother about it or no. She didn't want her to get tense or think too much about it so decided to skip the details. Alakananda was very close to her mother she was really somebody who would share very detail with her but this time she decided not to give situation and Avyukt so much of importance and it would better if she can keep everything to herself.

'I really get tensed about you sometimes you don't have much friends there were no siblings with you, i really feel worried about your loneliness.

'Its okay Maa, I have you and Bauji I don't need anybody.'

'I know and we are there for you but you also understand it's important to have somebody in your space we can't see you like this everytime. It breaks our heart.'

'What can we do Maa?' She knew where her mother was going with this conversation after the last meeting with the guy her mother was stuck on Alakananda getting married to another prospect, but Alka decided to wait rather than jump on every marital opportunity which comes her way.

' We will se Maa it's better to be late then going for a wrong decision may be late but not never right?'

Vrinda devi smiled at the other end seeing her daughter's effort to make her smile and feel good about the situation. And Alakananda was right it was not like she was anti marriage but she wanted something which she can hold on to and depend on, she can understand family conflicts but taking her dreams her life for granted is not something health which Mr. And Mrs. Goyal would have imagined for their daughter.

Keeping herself busy she saw the clock stuck 7 it was time for her dinner, Alka was opening the refrigerator when her phone started ringing, she was very tired to think of anything but Mrs. Khanna had her own plans.

'Sorry to call you at this time Alka, but we need a favor.'

'Yes Mam, how can I help you?'

'After college I had a meeting with the Dean and we have decided to conduct a session with IAS Avyukt Agarawal which will help in encouraging students to learn something good and will feel enthusiastic about it.'

'Okay.' This time Alka's voice was little Meeker than before she didn't want to face Avyukt again but everytime she decides something it will always go wrong, she cursed her luck.

'What happened mam?'

'Nothing mam but it would be good if you ask somebody to take responsibility as Mam exams are approaching you can understand I am already in a midst with lost of words what can you expect?'

'Those things will be taken care Alka, it is my humble request to you Alka.'

'Sure, Mam will do the needful as soon as possible.