Chapter 36

Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.

-Rumi quotes

******

'You sure you will not miss Avyukt, you guys have things together you know. You have been into this attractive thing called infatuation for such a long time. Will it be easy for you to forget things and be with Yogesh?'

Alakananda and Harjeetji was sitting in the college garden at their usual bench. They both were in deeo thoughts. Alakananda told everything to her regarding what had happened and how she would feel if something happens to Rashmi or her reputation. Rashmi comes from a very conservative family. Avyukt should have known before dragging her into this mess.

'Honestly Alakananda you are being very hard on him things won't happen in this way. He have explained and given you a chance. And you also know that there are feelings for him then why are you restricting yourself?'

'I don't know Harjeetji but things might take a bad turn I get this feeling, you know may be once I get engaged with Yogesh things might get better and I can move on from him.'

'You have met Yogesh so many times but still  you are not over Avyukt, so how do you feel about that?'

Harjeetji was now being blunt with Alakananda, Alakananda didn't know how to go about it. Her feelings were evident for Avyukt but there is nothing she can do about. Rashmi was clearly a good girl and know way she was about to ruin the feelings  which she must have brought for him. Avyukt now should take the responsibility of what he has done, if he cannot stand for himself then there is no way he will protect her in future. Because if he can't say what he wishes for how will he explain people what his partner will like.

'Lets see Harjeetji when Avyukt was leaving yesterday I told him clearly to first clear all the mess. If he can stand for himself than only I can take the risk of getting into relationship with him.'

'You are right Alka, let's see where this goes now.'

'Lets gone have some lectures to take than solve my love life.'

'I like this part you know.'

Harjeetji and Alka both laughed on it. In midst of Yogesh and Avyukt Alakananda was atleast developing a good friendship with Harjeetji, Let's see where it would be going in future.

Meanwhile in Agarwal House,

'I am having a bad feeling Lata since morning about this, you know how they say that a mother knows everything before it's done.'

'Maa you are really being anxious for no reason, we should concentrate on Avyukt's marriage and rituals there are so many things to do wedding would be taking place in 4 months and we have so much in hand to think about. From Rashmi's wedding dress and Jewellery to our dresses and gift we will be giving to our guests. How we will manage so much when you will be in stress.'

'Do you think Rashmi is good choice for the family, she is not that educated though but her family is way rich three times richer than Brijesh Goyal's family. They hav a lot to give in.'

'Yes Maa I can understand she would be bringing a lot but I don't think this should be something to give attention on afterall it's about Avyukt and Rashmi being happy with each other that is what we want right now? Rashmi should be able to handle Avyukt's status and temperament. You know how he is regarding petite things, she should be strong enough to be in sync with that part of him.'

'These all things are all new age people you guys are making, we never thought of compatability but still look at us how well we have lived a life we have raise you both so fine and everything is so much better and healthy now in our environment. Your father is in administration service and now your brother is also a part of it. Such a prestige to our family. That is why now I want a person who can take care of my son when he would be back home finishing his big responsibility towards the country and nothing else.'

Ragini devi said to Lata and both stood up to reach Ragini Devi's store which was secluded area at home. Where she used to collect all the precious and antique jewellery which should be given to her daughter in law and should be passed on in further generation where things can be kept safe and inhouse rotation is there.

'Maa this is so beautiful.' Lata said opening a box of long necklace.

'This is Rajasthani antique Kundan set I would have kept for Avyukt's wife. She would look so royal in something like this. I wish Rashmi was all heighted like Alakananda. She would have done so much of justice to this paise of earrings and neck piece.'

Lata was in her continuous sync with her fascination towards jewellery and dresses. She knew Rashmi was very short for his brother but Alaknanda is not somebody who would be part of these things. Lata always liked Alakananda but things took a rough patch and didn't work out in a healthy manner. Rashmi and Alaknanda was subconsciously compared with other. At all the levels there was the topic of Alaknanda in the Agrawal house which everybody would sincerely cover up after saying anything but Alaknanda was somebody who had left a mark on them.

'Lets not compare both. Rashmi is way well behaved and comes from a joint family where she takes care of everybody in the house. Alakananda was all about her job and career . I doubt whether girls like these are even interested in marriage or they are just wasting time and energy both to be with someone whom they themselves don't like.'

'Yes Maa, Sure.'

Lata and Ragini both settled themselves and decided on making list of things she would be ready.

A/N: Hello guys tell me what do you feel about this twist?