Chapter 41

What is planted in each person’s soul will sprout.

-Rumi Quotes

*****
Lata was completely engrossed in her thoughts regarding what Avyukt had to say about her life with Avinash. It wasn't the first time Avyukt haven't noticed Avinash's aloofness even before he has noticed how oblivion to everything Avinash is, and this is something Avyukt always was irritated about.

'I can understand his job is demanding but it doesn't mean that he abandon you with that mother of his every now and then and expects from you that you do as he say. This is not how it works.'

'Avyukt we as a woman should respect our partners job, if I don't understand this basic thing about him how will I be able to take care of kids. This is not same for woman we are meant to be different. We are supposed to give in to the situation. We are supposed to respect other people and their need.'

'But Lata what about your priorities and just imagine if he is the same with you then he will be like that with your children too. You can understand this aloofness now but it won't serve you in near future, you will regret. Two years of marriage Lata you are just 27 years old to be so bland in life. You are not on right tract you have your whole life in front of you to behave like a person you will be in your 50s for now feel young, infact you should have gone to ship with him just to see his lifestyle.'

But Lata ignored everything at that time that thinking that his brother is faraway from his ethics of life and does not know how the real system works. But on one side where there were Avyukt's doubts and apprehensions at the same on the other side there was Lata's curiosity to know more things about her husband.

'Maa, do you think Avinash likes me?'

'Of Course beta, look at you my daughter is so beautiful and such a fine sophisticated girl.'

But Lata's reflection towards herself was talking something else it was far away from today's time. She was wearing a saree and a cotton blouse her hair tied in a plait in middle partition, with a maroon bindi. It was funny to see her like this, unlike other girls Lata didn't get much chance to wear jeans or go with friends out at night or just enjoy today's life in return she has to simply just take care of house. After she completed her graduation from Vanasthali hostel in jaipur which only had girls, she was groomed in a manner that she can take good care of home and environment. She was majors in English literature and had a good command over the language after the masters but her primary goal was always pushed to do is household chores. The funny thing about life is this, people always expect us to do the same with people around and limit our beliefs that this is the role in the society and we are bind towards this much matter only.

But in reality things were different.

We as a woman in 2021 are supposed to be exploring world and know about things which we are curious about our life is more beyond limiting our beliefs but this is all funny for the alter generation. But what Lata felt today was something she has never felt before. Avyukt was talking about taking such a big step by calling of the wedding but at the same time Lata couldn't even take the
time to go and meet her own husband was everything in her life was so dependent by others

She was not even allowed to take a step away from her household but everything in her life was so limited and unsettled. She was at that point of her life where she couldn't handle things any more it is time she just take out with the person she is married to.

With her glance at her reflection her knees just felt weak and she collapsed in front of the mirror she didn't know what to do and a big cry just left her mouth.

Avyukt was coming to Lata just to prode her more with his setting to call of the wedding but as soon as he heard the big cry he ran towards Lata's room and saw her sister whose knees had come closer to her breasts and head buried down and she has become all red with the crying and her face was so unusually weak.

Avyukt looked in her sister's eyes and couldn't even recognise her at that moment she was in despair, she needed somebody's support to help her.

She didn't even pay attention to herself for the first time. Avyukt knew she had kept Lata so poise that every time she was not even allowed to cry and keep her emotions at her own self. Her emotions have no place in the new household, even with Avinash she was taught things like,

'If you keep on crying regularly in front of your husband he will forget about you soon and start finding his happiness somewhere outside the house because you are unable to keep him happy with your crying. So you should always be happy and well dressed in front of your husband and live upto his expectations.'

These were the expectations and apprehensions Lata was made to abide, these were not realistic and she was forced to follow all these rules only for the sake of same society who was making Lata's life more miserable.

Avyukt on the other hand was feeling at the moment, all the more vulnerable to the circumstances he was in stance that he was seeing his sister so weak and uncomfortable in front of him. What she was and what life had made out of her and worse was how easily she involved in all those things at one side, Avyukt was noticing a girl like Alakananda who was smart, noticeable and extremely confident about today's life but at the same time there was somebody like Lata who was not even able to consider her happiness leave fighting for her happiness.

'Lata please for now you have to understand that sometimes we need to fight for our things even from people we love the most. Even in Mahabharata people have to fight with their loved ones to prove there point. Hence Lata it is the time you start thinking about yourself and taking charge of the situation you are in.'

Lata nodded.

A/N: How much do you like this chapter and more importantly what do you think about Lata's despair?