Chapter 16

Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.

-Rumi quotes

***"

Alka knew it is difficult for her to see Avyukt again and again and going through that irky feeling of lose, she feels like questioning her decision but what about her dreams? What about her passion of studies?

'Avyukt never said that he will be there for me.'

Alka's mind reminded her that why he was given so much of importance and on what basis Alka was feeling sad or confused about she never said that she likes Avyukt so much that it would be hard this way.

Alakananda was sipping her coffee and looking at the moon, she liked this time with herself where she can ponder and gather all the thoughts and prepare for the next day. She finished her night routine and went for the day.

'Tomorrow will be a tough day.'

Next morning Alakananda got dressed up in regular Indian Formals and presented herself well in front of the mirror, she liked herself like this simple and raw beauty. She took her scooty and reached the college. There she had a look at Avyukt's car which he came in on the gathering day. It was standing there,

'Damn, why he's so early always.'

Alakananda cursed under her breath remembering their first meeting.

When she reached the Dean's office, Avyukt was already there dressed in all his glory, he was wearing light blue shirt and black pants looking all handsome his sleeves were folded till elbow shoing his strong forearms which Alakananda have fascination about. Alaknanda looked into his eyes, his eyes spoke thousand words with her. It was like he wanted to say so many things to her but controlled himself, Alakananda was distanced. She looked at Avyukt and then at the ring, she knew this is wrong and she should not invade in somebody else's relationship but there was a strong pull between them but the only solution was to stay away from him how much ever it is possible.

'Hell, Alka Mam you can guide him to the classroom where he is supposed to take lecture.'

Alaknanda nodded, Avyukt followed her. Alakananda could sense Avyukt's eye on her. Avyukt cleared his throat to say something.

Alakananda looked behind.

'Hi, how have you been?'

'Good.'

'How's Delhi?'

'Nice.'

'How's work?

'Perfect.'

Alakananda was giving her monosyllabic answers to avoid the conversation, she didn't wamt to show Avyukt any emotions which could lead him in wrong direction.

'Alaknanda it's okay if you don't want to talk.' Avyukt voice came a little annoyed, Alka looked at him, his face little irritated little sadden with mixture of emotions. She guided him to the class.

'Hello Students, today we Indian Administrative Service Officer Mr. Avyukt Agarwal...' The class leader introduced Avyukt. Both were standing next to each other but now both have build up a wall between not allowing other to even peep. Alakananda seriously wanted this day to get over as soon as possible so she could relax and get this tension out of her head.

But yes she was feeling guilty of bluntly avoiding Avyukt,

'It's rude to ignore him so much it was just a casual conversation she could have behave humble for two minutes.'

Her mind taunted her for that.

'Listen Avyukt I am sorry.'

Avyukt who was standing beside all toughened up with Alakananda's behaviour soften a bit. But as soon as she could say more, he was called on by the speaker to talk about his journey and give his encouragement speech.

All the students were looking at him with awe, though boys were admiring him. Girls had a different glint in their eyes. So did, Alakananda.

'So this is my story, if you want something you want it. Your ambitions should not have any limitations and if you are born to fly, nobody and I say nobody can do anything to you. No dreams are so fragile that any obstacle can ruin it, we are here to fulfill are dreams and live.'

There was a bolts of applauding, students felt motivated, Avyukt's bold words were giving confidence to all and at the same time they all appreciated his skill of connecting with people and understanding their limitations as well as strength.

Alaknanda was mesmerized by the way Avyukt was talking, his bold speech his way of conveying things, she was looking at Avyukt with awe.

'Did I rejected too soon?'

Alakananda's mind was taunting her. Avyukt came to her after his speech so that they can leave but a bunch of students gathered in middle around him to talk and click some pictures. Alakananda gave Avyukt a smile and left from there she was adamant in distancing herself. It was pinching her but she wanted these things to get over. Now that speech is over her work is done, she decided to leave.

She was walking alone in the corridor when she heard,

'Alaknanda wait.' She turned sensing whose voice it was.

'Can we see each other for coffee?'

'I don't know Avyukt.'

'I am waiting for you in the care, please come.'

Alaknanda loosened her shoulders she knew a coffee would do nothing to him but she was getting a hell of goosebumps about this meeting. With Avyukt again at coffee shop was not something she wanted but if he's persisting and it's just a cup of coffee then there is no harm. She convinced herself.

'There is a coffee shop 5 minutes away from the University you go there, I will join you with my scooty I will see you then.'

They both left towards their respective vehicle. Alaknanda mentally prepared herself for whatever was coming, she wanted herself to relax and enjoy the cup of coffee with her friend and nothing more out of this meeting.