Chapter 51

Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom.

-Rumi quotes

****

'Yes Avyukt tell me, what happened?'

Avyukt was standing there in his t-shirt and pyjamas looking all dazed on how to start this matter. According to Avyukt the plan was first to make the wedding call off and next to convince the parents for Alakananda.

After she had refused for a marriage the only thing he had to focus on was getting in touch with Alakananda so that she can seep in family and Ragini devi understand that an ambitious girl also can take good care of her without her losing the identity.

'Mom, Dad I seriously want to talk to you regarding a very important mat-'

His call was cut, as soon as the phone flashed with a number on the screen. All three of them had their attention on the phone.

It was Rashmi's father calling from Mathura, everybody had a frown that what made them call so early in the morning.

'Don't worry, I can understand. Don't be so shocked.'

'We are with you.'

'Yea, Avyukt will be heartbroken.'

'No don't worry.'

'Dont think about elections right now, we know you are there for the party.'

The alliance between Rashmi and Avyukt was supposed to be the most important alliance between two parties, being in an administrative service also Arvind had a hold on political party. The reason this marriage was set up for the fact that it will not only be a strong alliance in terms of finance but also will help in dealing with lot of party political issues which in long run be beneficial for Arvind if he joins the presidentship in future but he could feel his dream breaking in when he hard the news.

'I am sorry Avyukt the girl ran away.'

Avyukt did a happy dance inside his head. Rashmi came like an angel for her but definitely he knew it is the right time to make this wound more numb and take.care.of the marital hazard.

'Avyukt we are very sorry that we are just choosing wrong girls for you.'

'First that over confident mathematician and now this spoiler bratt I wonder what is wrong with girls nowadays my Lata would have never done something like this.'

Avyukt start crying doing an overacting at it best.

'Maa I really thought she is the one you know but my luck, though that overconfident girl is still single I assume. Wedding is in two months what will society think about us I feel after two continue breakups it would be difficult also to set an alliance, we should go back to square one.'

Both the parents frowned and got up.

'Never.'

'Yes.'

The disapproval came from Ragini but Arvind had something else in mind.

'I met Alakananda few dyas back in the park she is such a well behaved girl.'

'No she does not suit the role of my family's daughter in law.'

'Oh please Ragini she a qualified mathematics teacher and comes from a well known and educated family of our community what else do we want in our daughter in law. She well behaved so well spoken like she could handle a house and make it a home with her values and persistence.'

'I agree father and most of all she comes from a valuable family and being an only child means good amount of gift.'

More than Arvind's talk on vakues the akst line by Avyukt caught Ragini's ears. She got engrossed in her thoughts when her.mind went ahead to seek something important which was the daughter in law bringing good amount of gold oops, 'gufts' at her house.

'She is fair too means fair kids.'

Avyukt knew her mother's thinking is too an extent only her mother cannot think beyond dowry and skin colour. She had no interest in the girl's values and ambitions which was wrong fro Avyukt but right he knew when you are at fault you have to even get hand with the most dumbest idea once you are out it you know the command is yours.

'Avyukt we are not taking dowry.' Arvind stopped Avyukt in his stern voice sticking to his rules and ethics when it comes to unwantedly spending on things which nobody needs.

'No we are, it the parents way of showing their love to kids and who is talking about dowry these are just gifts parents give to their kids. Dowry is a long gone ritual we alsi gave to Lata she used to so perfectly. So don't you get into matters of women we will handle all of these.'

'Means you are saying test Alakananda's alliance?'

Avyukt didn't even leave one opportunity to go awya from Alakananda it was time that he takes the leap of faith any how. He knew her mother's attitude will change once she knows about Alka's real nature. How well behaved and loving personality she is but before anything else it was important to make the mother understand about the depth of the situation. The best part was even Arvind had good rapport with Alka and it helped Avyukt alot in meddling in between Ragini had oressur won both the sides so she will definitely taking care of this matter in hand.

'Yes mother I think I will leave you two to talk I think even Rashmi's knew have pinched me a.little so I would like to have some peaceful time at Ganga ghat just to gather all my thoughts but I will leave you two alone my future is in your hands and I trust you guys with it. ' Avyukt gave a happy smile and left doing a small bhangra dance in his mind.

'Alaknanda is a fine girl Ragini why don't you think it in a way that we not only need a duaghter in law but a companion to our son too. She is educated female so think it in a matter how elite our family will looks once we welcome a girl like her in our home. And our next generation will also be educated and all fine, we can rely her on every way and not just household chores.'

'I think like Avyukt I also need some time, Rahmi's news was not an easy one to digest also. She have just ran today so let's keep it at side just for today I will definitely think it in your way don't worry. I will.'

Ragini left for kitchen and Arvind got back to reading his book though he was happy that atleast he got away from Rashmi's over enthusiastic and dominating father. He took the alliance on Ragini's insistence and all he thought.

'What happens happens for good!'

A/N: Hey guys how's it going? Alakananda and Avyukt romance starting soon❤️