Chapter 38

Whenever they rebuild an old building, they must first of all destroy the old one.

-Rumi Quotes

*****

There are times in life when we feel completely aloof by the things happening around us. God has his own way of sending angels to us in any form.

Their words remain with us, though they are not with us for the whole time but there little presence for fraction of seconds makes a hell lot of difference for us.

Why?

Because we never know when we were travelling in their journey.  The beauty of all these things are that we learn so much from them that we also don't know how using somebody else's advice makes our lives so easier.

So we have all learnt about history in our past, we have all lived history as a subject, fine some do find it boring but we all got the experience of it. My teacher always used to say the reason we are taught history is that we don't repeat the mistakes our ancestors did. Out of their anger, stupidity, ego or anything but they just want us to learn how not to make mistakes and how not to fall prey to our wrong emotions.

One things Britishers taught us was, divide and rule which we all didn't knew because India was a closed community but Britisher knew the strategy very well. Seems like Avyukt got this chance finally to learn something from a person who is sitting in fron of him and somewhere he was on the same page of life.

'But Uncle Singh, how did you manage to do it. It was 1950s who would have expected a love marriage. People were struggling for finances. And you took up this thing in front of your elite zamindar family. That too marrying a non sikh girl, I am shocked?'

'Those were the time my son, you would have crossed the line for your loved on. You had that X factor I would say. Those were the beautiful time where once you fall in love there was definitely no looking back.'

'How Uncle I am extremely shocked with it. You know the best thing here you came to see me at such right time. You have to come here at this moment where I need that courage to say what I really want in life. This is what I want to stand in front of my family and tell them something.'

'I was a very stubborn guy I guess, I knew I have to do it not for me but for the girl I have promised. She waited for me then why I should turn my head towards her. What things I would say to my kids regarding this, that their dad didn't even have th courage to do the things he love. What story I would have left to tell them. On what account they would respect me, just because I am their father, No I didn't want that I wanted to be an example for them.'

'Uncle Singh but what happened, how you guys met? I want to know everything.'

Uncle Kanwaljeet singh taking his seat and being more comfortable on the thin seater they have to sleep in Indian railways and Mrs. Kaur just smiling at those beautiful memories they made together.

'I was in Indian Army which I chose to be part of unlike all my 7 brother who were part of zamindari business which our ancestors have been working on since ages. It was a good time which we had we all used to stay together eat together I was the youngest so obviously everybody loved me unless I did something which the other 7 were not doing.

Joining Indian Army during that time was risky Ofcourse today also it is but we didn't get much privileges like before what we have now. So the war front used to be constant and war at home because my life is always at stake was a hell lot of story.'

They both looked at each other. Mrs. Kaur just rolled her eyes at the heroic description of the job Mr. Singh was doing. But he has lived the life in a certain manner which she was proud of.

'So this brings to me to the day where we were shifted to Rajasthan regimen from Punjab regiment because people were less there and there was need of more soldiers to protect the border. I meet this young female who came to take some notes from Army officers in order to do some research for their college drama. Two meek female come to see us daily for a week, and out of those two one comes from a typical Rajputi family.'

Mrs. Kaur just blushed to the detail.

'You guys are kidding intercaste love marriage that to in those times how did you guys manage?'

'So let's start with the facts first.'

Aunty interrupted.

'My parents come from an educative background, all the government officials were present in my family members. Hence making them. Hence being with a Army officer was not a tough task for me. What was really tough was meeting a person who was having so much of anger issues in my calmer family. We were taught about Rajputi blood but nobody talk about Punjabi stubbornness which this man had in plenty. All my family member used to feel so low in front of his over enthusiastic attitude but I seriously feel it was way easier for my family to accept him than his family members to accept me.'

'Why so?'

'Beta, being in marriage for 40 years and knowing the circumstances I would say yes we man do adjust but it is very difficult for the woman everytime. Even if it is easier for her everybody will make sure it is more difficult for us.'

These lines from Kanwaljeet Singh rang a bell in Avyukt. That why Alakananda from day one itself was so insecure about the place in the family what always made her so anxious about the fact that she has to come to this house and be part.

Avyukt got some realisation here.

A/N: So decided to add a new angle here! Hope you like it.