Chapter 2

This is the SEMA of slavery and mastery
Dancing together. This is not being.

Neither words, nor any natural fact
Can express this.

I know these dancers.
DAY AND NIGHT I sing their songs
In this phenomenal cage.

My soul, don't try to answer now !
Find a friend, and hide.

But what can stay hidden?
LOVE' s secret is always lifting his head
Out from under the covers,
"Here I am!"
-The Essential Rumi.

*******

It was just another day for Alaknanda at her college, she missed Alvira's presence around her as she was one of the few friends she had in Delhi.

It was already two days since she has left and she didn't recieve any message from her yet, she made a mental note of calling her.

In Delhi people are always occupied with their work so you hardly get time to make new friends and go out especially when you are independent because only you have to take care of everything. Whenever you go home after work only thing you can have in your mind is what household chores are remaining to do.

Alaknanda also was thinking the same and her chain of thoughts were revolving around her household chores, till then her phone rang. When she looked at the phone it was Alvira's name flashing on it. A wide smile spread over her face.

Hopefully her friend didn't ignore her.

'Hello lady, how you've been?'
Alvira asked Alka , though in her voice Alaknanda could sense a different kind of happiness.

'You tell me for now you are loaded with news and details.'

'Uh-no'

This time Alvira sounded a little mischievous and ready to burst out with all the information.

Alaknanada knew how hard it was for Alvira to keep us with new information. And here she was hiding it from somebody who just need to poke her for the whole information.

Alaknanda laughed at her failed attempts.

'Spill it I know you yourself is not able to contain everything, stop being so cruel to oneself and shoot.'

'It was crazy the guy is an Architect, settled in Abu Dhabi, it was such a great pleasure to meet him. He has such a good sense of humour and the main thing is that it was so comfortable talking to him. It went well with so much of ease.'

Alaknanda could feel the happiness in her friends' tone. It becomes so important to make sure that there is no awkwardness when talking to somebody.

Comfort is first thing you seek in a relationship, a comfort where you don't need to be somebody. Where a person is okay being himself in front of certain person and there is no point of pretending that is how beautiful this comfort it.

When Alvira said that she was feeling that ease with the person Alkananda got her friendly vibes that now her friend is going to start her marital life soon.

'So when is the marriage date girl? How is everything proceeding?'

'So engagement and marriage ceremony everything will happen in two months itself in Lucknow.'

'So soon, you sure about it Alvira don't you need sometime to know the person and understand him. Or as simple as checking his background.'

'Oh yes, My parents were contemplating to tell me about this alliance for a good time now so they have done extensive background check of the family, and Alka when I say extensive please take it literally they must be knowing their ancestral background also I guess.'

Alaknanda laughed on it she knew how parents go on their extensive research regarding their project 'Beti ki shaadi.'

'So yes, it's only we both who need to understand each other I guess. I am going to take full use of this time now Alka. This is our time and I have to see where it goes.'

'But how it will happen in a long distance relationship ? Have you given this a thought?'

'Yes, but the good part is Rahul is in India itself for work for next two months before he goes back to Abu Dhabi. I have told him I am not coming with in span of two month as I have my studies and research left. So let's say it is going to be a hell of long distance.'

'I feel really sorry for you. Long distance can be painful.'

Alaknanada said with dose of reality in her tone.

'But now it's really short time and alot to prepare. I am coming back to Delhi in two days then we will start small things to shop then after we can search more for wedding outfit and all. Lets get on this long train called Indian wedding.'

Both the friends giggled on it and started making their plans regarding wedding ceremony. How incomplete a wedding ceremony is without your friends, they can make it so blissful and colorful just for your sake.

Meanwhile in Varanasi,

It was a beautiful morning and sun was shining blissfully on the shores of Ganges, asusual there was complete rush of people who were doing their holy activities and in middle of that there was one female dressed in Banarasi saree and stress over her face carrying her daughter's astrological chart in hand walking hurriedly towards their clan's pandit,

'Panditji Alka, there is no issue in Alka's kundali but why do you think it is so difficult to find an alliance for her? Where is the problem coming from?' Vrinda Devi said in her tensed voice.

'Vrinda beti, Alka's chart is very much in sync but her sun's position is sharp with Mangal dosh in kundali. It is difficult to find the one whose kundali have Mangal dosh too. But definitely whenever her alliance gets fixed it would be really lucky for her.'

'I hope Panditji, She is my only daughter I want the best for her. But hope Lord Shiva will soon adorn with blessing and she will find a husband like him.'

'I hope god listens to your prayer soon beti. Miracle is not far away, who are meant to be together god make their alliance happen.'