22: Leaving and Love

Niomi's POV: 

When we depart from my apartment, we find our waiting cab outside. I jump into the back seat first, climbing over to let Hazel have the closer seat to the door. 

 (chicken ate everyone and everything, the world was dominated by chicken, everyone died..... the End) *My friend decided to help me write.... This was her idea...* 

When we get there, the bouncer just nods as we pass. His name is Gary. He has a wife and three kids. I babysit sometimes.... 

Anyway, when we enter, I'm greeted with the familiar smell of sweat and alcohol. And then there's the music that's playing so loud, you can't even have a proper conversation with someone standing right next to you. 

 I head to the bar, grabbing a couple drinks for Hazel and myself. She takes hers, but I notice that she doesn't even take a sip. I down mine, then turn around and grab another. I'm set to forget everything that's happened in the last 24 hours. 

Hazel sits at a booth, and I join her after getting my second and third shot. She eyes my wearily, but I just throw one back. The burn feels good at the back of my throat. I put down the glass and stand up. I grab Hazel's arm, pulling her up with me. 

"What? Where are we going?" she asks. 

"We're going to dance." I say casually, weaving in and out of the sweaty, dancing bodies. 

We reach the DJ booth and I request a couple songs, and the first one comes on quickly. It's 7/11 by Beyonce. Hazel just smiles at me. I laugh and start dancing around her. She joins in, moving a little. 

When the song ends, everyone in thew room cheers and claps. It is a good song.... 

We dance to a few more songs before Hazel finally lets loose and grabs a drink. I smile as she downs her fourth shot. 

But then everything goes wrong. 

A couple of bigger men come into the club, pushing past people and looking around suspiciously. Then one of them spots me. He hits his buddy on the arm, and they start pushing through the crowd to get to us. 

My eyes widen and I grab hazel and push her in front of me as I walk towards our table. She goes hesitantly. 

"What? Why are we leaving? I want to stay and dance!" she giggles out. I shake my head and continue to push her along to the back door. 

When we get outside, I throw off my heels, pull Hazel's light body onto my back, and take off running. When I get out of the back alley, I look back, seeing our pursuers. I take off to the north, heading towards Central Park. 

When I get to the front gates, Hazel has sobered up a bit and I put her down, grab her hand and continue running into the park. When I reach the field, I pull the spell book out of my dep coat pocket and open to the right spell. 

I pour the extra mixture onto the small puddle on the ground and do the chant. When the water starts to stir and turn purple, I grab all my things, take Hazel's hand again, and we step into the portal. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I open my eyes, I'm greeted with a dark, stormy sky. I blink awake, sitting up and yawning. I can hear a snoring Hazel near me. I look around, finding the same field that we came to last time. And left from.... 

I stand up, stretching my legs and arms, before realizing that I'm being watched. There is someone standing just inside the treeline, gazing at me from afar. I soon find out why.