30: Double Break and Dragged Back

1 Year Later...

Niomi's POV:

After waking from another three hours of sleep, I get up and stretch, moving my cold muscles, getting them ready for another busy day.

I give Alden a whistle and he comes running into my room. He's grown now, almost as tall as me when he stands on his hind legs. He gives me a morning kiss and jumps all over my bed.

"Al, what did I say about being on my bed? Off, now." I command, and he jumps off and runs back into the living room. I sigh and smile at the rowdy pup. I throw on some running clothes and put my hair in a ponytail. I come into the kitchen to find Alden there, his leash dangling from his mouth.

"Wow, you're really ready today, aren't you?" I say, hooking (Get it Morgana?XD) his leash to his collar. I quickly grab my keys, and we're out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I do a few laps around Central Park, we stop at my favorite local coffee shop, called the Java Jive, and get some coffee, a muffin, and a organic dog treat.

Alden chews on his treat under my table as I finish my muffin and take a sip of my coffee. I'm just about to get up and grab another coffee when I see a disturbing sight.

I quickly throw my cup and muffin wrapper away and yank on Alden's leash, signalling that it's time to go. He chomps down the rest of his treat and we start walking away.

But someone is pursuing me. I burst into a sprint, getting to my apartment in a few minutes. I get inside and lock the door, pull the window blinds down, and call me job, telling my friend Beatrice that I won't be in today.

She agrees to vouch for me and I praise her with thanks. After I get off the phone, I start to relax a little. See, the people pursuing me were some of the men from before, the one's who wanted to take me back to... that place.

I finally calm down enough to jump in the shower and try to clean up a bit. When I emerge form my shower, feeling much better, I start cleaning up my apartment.

I haven't cleaned it well in about a month, so I take out my vacuum and start with the living room. I pick up all of Alden's toys and put them on his personal toy rack.

I shut him in my room, since he doesn't like the vacuum. When I finish the living room, I clean out my fridge and toss out anything that has gone bad. And a lot has. I mostly order take out and such.

When the kitchen is cleaned and the dishes put away, I clean the bathroom, making it look sparkly clean!

After that, I"m feeling a bit tired, so I decide to lay down for a nap. After reading for a few minutes, I feel myself drifting off.

"You have listened to my commands and done well. I will not bother you anymore, but if you get to thinking about that.... horrid place anymore, I will be back. Thank you for letting me sit in on your mind. It has been most useful."

The mysterious voice! It's finally leaving! Good. I dream about other things, like my job and my friends, Beatrice and Jonathan. They work at the publishing company with me.

When I wake up, I feel great! No more worrying about the dreaded voice in my dreams every night! I get up and make myself a snack, since it's only about three o'clock.

I fix myself some juice and cookies and I sit in the kitchen eating them. After finish, I wipe off the counter where my crumbs are. As I finish my juice, I hear a knock at the door.

I put my juice down, then walk slowly to the door. I must be taking too long, because then the knocking becomes very urgent. I huff.

"I'm comin, I'm comin!" I yell, unlocking the door and pulling it open. When I see the person behind the door, I gasp.

"Hello, Jacobs. I'm afraid I need your help."

It's Killian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh snap! He's back!!

And that is all! Magic is over! But don't worry, I will be coming back with my next book, the sequel to this one, titled "Prophecy." The first chapter should be up within the next week. I don't know how much time I'll have to write, but I'll try!

I hope you all enjoyed this book and please keep commenting, voting, and favoring!!

I love you all sooo much!!~Embior2