13: Safe Places and Safe People

Niomi's POV: 

My mouth hangs open. How can she know? How can she possibly know? 

"What? Who?!" I question her, moving closer to her. 

She just shakes her head. 

"I can't tell you. Th-they said if I tell you, they will find out, and then they'll get rid of me. But I don't know why their after you. All they said was that you had to be taken out soon, or else." she says, as if she's being rushed. 

Hazel takes a deep breath, tears threatening to spill over her eyelids. I put my hand on her shoulder, trying to show some comfort. I'm not good at helping with tears. She finally pulls away, wiping under her eyes quickly. 

"No. This is no time to cry. We have to get you somewhere different. They know your here. Come on, we have a lot of things to do and not a lot of time to do them." she says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the small door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we get to my apartment, I grab my backpack and stuff it with comfortable, yet durable clothes, a couple bottles of water, and a dozen granola bars. Who knows how long we'll be away. 

After I lock my house, we head down to the dinner. Hazel unlocks the doors, meaning the place is closed, but she rights out a one word note. 

WENT 

I ponder what it might mean while Hazel grabs a similar backpack to mine and two duffle bags. She hands me one and advises I don't open it. She grabs a small jewelry pouch from behind the counter, some emergency money, and we're on our way again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel and I grab a cab to Central Park, getting out and almost running into the dark wooded area. We travel a few hundred feet in, then Hazel takes a sharp left. I can't help but feel uneasy about this place. 

After walking for what seems like forever, we finally come to a huge oak tree. The bottom of the trunk has been hallowed out, and it is big enough for the two of us, our things, and a quite big space in the center of the small circle. 

Hazel takes out the jewelry pouch and takes a few small vials, two small jars, and one tiny bottle of something blue. She also takes out a small, tarnished gold bowl. She un-stoppers the vials and pours the contents into the bowl. She takes a pinch of the dried thing in the jar and throws it in with the liquids. 

All while doing this, she is chanting something under her breath. It sounds like Greek, but I could be wrong. I really do need to brush up on my foreign languages. She finally uncaps the bottle of blue stuff and spreads a little on her pointer finger of both hands. 

She takes the finger on her left hand, licks the blue liquid off it, and holds her right pointer finger out to me. I give her a "are you serious" look and she nods. I lick the blue liquid, not tasting anything at first. But then the flavor comes to life and I taste my favorite food. My mothers homemade apple butter. 

I almost cry at the taste, but then it's gone. Hazel has poured a little of the blue liquid into the bowl, and the stew-like substance is beginning to glow a silvery-purple color. Hazel gets up, picks up her bags, and motions for me to do the same. 

After my bags are safely in my hands, Hazel turns to me. 

"Now, I know your confused, but you have to trust me. Your not going to believe me if I tell you what is about to happen, so just go with your gut. I am one of the only safe people out here right now, so you better trust me fully. Also, do you have a weapon of some sort on you?" She asks, almost concerned about that question. 

I nod and pull my dagger out of my backpack. She nods, then turns back to her bowl. 

"Now, repeat after me: 

Take me back. 

Back to a simpler time, 

But a more extreme time. 

Show me how to dream, 

How to fly,  

And mostly, 

How to love." 

I repeat the saying, feeling like I've heard it before. I open my eyes, but am greeted with something bizarre. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dum, Dum, DUUUUMMM!!!! Cliffhangers!! 

Well, how was that? I liked it. Only cause I know where they are..... Tee-hee!!

Anyway, you know the drill. Comment, Vote and favorite!! 

I love you all and I'll see you (hopefully) soon!!!~Embior2 

P.S. The pic on the side is dagger. i loves it!