10: Emergency Dialing and Excited Dancing

Hey, so this chapter may get a little..... crazy? Weird? Anyway, let's just say some fangirling is involved......

Niomi's POV: 

It is currently 9 am. I didn't sleep a wink after the nightmare, flashback thingy last night. I couldn't risk it happening again. Living through things like that over and over degrades your self-control more than anything else. 

With coffee in hand, I sit in the living room, on the couch, flipping through random channels on the TV. After going through all the early morning shows, and finding nothing, I decide to order breakfast. After calling room service, I refill my coffee cup with my favorite flavoured coffee. Glazed Chocolate Donut. It is seriously my kryptonite. 

There's a sharp knock at the door. Must be breakfast. I run over to the door and pull it open. There is a bell girl there with a cart of food for me. She rolls the cart inside and i give her the money, along with a small tip. As I said, I'm on a budget. 

After the girl is gone, I take the cover off my food and set my sights on the delectable creations. I ordered two waffles, sausage, boysenberry syrup, apple juice, and a small bowl of ice cream. What? I like sugar, ok? Don't judge me. 

I set the food on the coffee table in front of the couch and dig in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After eating my delicious breakfast, i decide that I should actually do something productive today. I grab my gym bag, iPhone and ear buds, and head down to the gym in the apartment complex.  

After walking into the small gym, I'm kind of disappointed. There;s is only a treadmill, a exercise bike, a yoga ball, and a few weights. I sigh, and think that I should just go for a run, but then I glance out the window. I see the blowing snow and think to myself: Nope. Never happening. 

I jump on the treadmill, blast the music form my ear buds, and start running. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour of running, I'm up to eight miles. After I hit the 8-mile mark, I stop the treadmill and rush over to the weight station, where I pick up a ten-pound weight in each hand and start lifting them, getting my arms higher as I get used to the weight. 

Just then, I see a movement out of the corner of my eye, and I turn, the weights still in my hands. But it's just some guy with his hood pulled over his face. Also, if he was dangerous, I could easily take him. He was tall, but not all that meaty. Like, he had muscles, but they weren't overly huge, like some dudes are. 

He sets the treadmill to a number, and judging by the stretching he's doing, he's planning on running for a while. He does only a few stretches before he goes back to the treadmill. Well, I can't let him get hurt. 

"Hey, you may want to stretch out some more. If you run for that long, you'll be a little more than sore in the morning." I say, looking on the number of miles he's running. Ten. 

 He turns to me, pulling one of his ear buds out. 

"What?" He asks, not all the way turned around. He finishes his turn quickly, and his hood falls off. That's when the horror hits. 

"Hey! I remember you! I picked your phone up for you!" He says, smiling brightly. I cringe slightly. Great. Him again. 

"Oh, um, I thought you were someone else. Sorry about that." I say, popping the ear bud back into my ear. I really don't want to talk to this guy again. I almost didn't escape with my life last time.