3: Meet-Ups and Beat-Ups

Hello there! How is everyone? I'm fine and here is Chapter 3! Enjoy!

Niomi's POV: 

After a chilly walk down 8th avenue, I finally reach my destination. An old diner. I pull open the door and step into the warm, coffee-scented room. I see Hazel behind the counter, turned away from me. I decide to sneak up on her. i rush over to the eat-in counter and take a seat. 

"Hey! Some service over here please!" I yell in my best man's voice. 

Hazel visibly jumps and starts speaking before she turns around. 

"I'm so sorry sir! I've just been very busy an- Nimmy!" She squeals as she turns around. I laugh and smile at her. 

We hug over the counter and when we part, she hits me on the shoulder. 

"Don't do that! You scared the crap out of me!" she says, laughing about it now. 

I just smile and shake my head. I pick up the menu, already knowing what I want. Hazel just laughs. 

"So, the usual, right?" She asks, already writing it down in her waitress' notebook. I just smile to myself. Without cooking, i can tell what she wrote, She has a certain way she curls her wrist when she writes a "s", so I automatically know what she wrote. 

Pancakes. With extra syrup. Her families restaurant makes the best pancakes around. Her uncle actually cooks them, but Hazel makes the batter and decorates them to perfection. 

A few minutes their up, steamy and rather delicious-looking. Their topped with a slice of kiwi and some mango. I pick the ripe fruit off and eat it first, as I always do. Before I can even cut into the hotcakes, a steaming cup of coffee, three sugars, one cream, is placed in front of me also. 

I look up gratefully at Hazel, seeing her smiling face above me. She picks up a spare fork and steals a bite of pancakes. I swat her hand away, but not before generously letting her take a few pieces. She slinks away, only to return quickly with some coffee for herself. 

She leans on the counter from her post. I hear the door open behind me, but I don't bother to turn around. But whoever it is is making a lot of noise. Hazel looks scared, so, instead of looking back at the culprit's, I turn my head slightly to the right, looking out of the corner of my eye at the window on that wall. 

From the reflection, I can make out three teenage boys. i smirk to Hazel and her eyes widen. She slightly shakes her head, telling me no. I just continue to smirk, bringing my coffee cup to my lips. 

"Hey, waitress! Get over here! We're hungry.!" One of them calls. 

Hazel lets out a tiny "one second" and scurry's to pick up some menu's. 

"I said, let's go!" the same on yells. 

Something inside me snaps. I slam my hands down on the counter, making everyone in the room look at me. Hazel's eyes are watering slightly, but I just give her a smirk, saying "I'll deal with these jerks." 

I jump out of my chair and whip around to face the boys. 

"My god! You guys are such scum! How dare you treat someone as sweet and caring as Hazel like dirt! You don't deserve to eat here!" I yell at them walking closer to the small group. 

One boy, whom I presume is the "leader" sneers at me. 

"What are you gonna do little girl?" He jeers. His friends smirk and laugh at me. 

Hazel gives me a "back-off" look and I turn around, taking a few steps back towards my seat. 

"Yeah, that's what I thought, bitch."  He says. 

That does it. 

I whip back around and right hook the kid in the cheek. He falls to the ground, his friends getting all defensive. I give them a devilish smile and they rush at me. The taller one gets to me first, but is down after one kick to the gut. The second kid isn't as fast, but he's shorter and stronger. He blocks my sucker punch, lands a hard blow to my lip and then my left handed-punch. He laughs like he's won. I just smile and bash my forehead into his nose. He falls to the ground, blood seeping out through the fingers clenching his now-broken nose. 

They all stay down, moaning and groaning in pain. I smile and wipe the small trickle of blood off my lip. Blood must smear on my face, because when I turn to Hazel, she dabs it with a damp rag. I smile and shake it off. 

"Piece of cake. Literally, go get me some victory cake. Please." I ask her, which she does immediately. I think she's a bit scared of me once i win a fight, but it wears off soon enough. One of the guys starts to get up, but I kick him in the stomach and he's down for the count. 

Hazel's uncle Mike comes and takes each of the boys outside, talking to them and sending them home. He's used to this. Since I haven't been around for a while, these boys have been pushing Hazel around. Now that I'm here, they won't be coming back any time soon.  

I finish my cake, wish Hazel a goodnight, and head home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! How is everyone? I'm fine. How was Chapter 3? I like writing this one. 

I hope you all enjoyed and I will hopefully update later this weekend! 

Please comment, vote and favorite!!!~Embior2 

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to @SlayrsFan132 because she plays the part of Hazel and she's my bestie!