2: People and Places

Hello!! Here is chapter two for Magic! I hope you like it and enjoy!

Niomi's POV: 

I sigh and blow the loose hairs off my forehead. It's currently 3pm on a Saturday afternoon and I'm stuck moving furniture. But hey, it's for my apartment. I had just ordered these a few days ago! They weren't supposed to come in for at least a week! 

After pushing the couch over to the far wall, facing the balcony windows, I am finally satisfied with how my living room looks. I pull my hair tie out of it's ponytail and scrape my blonde hair back into a loose and messy bun. I sigh again and collapse onto the couch. 

Moving furniture is such a hastle. If I would've known it would be so hard, I wouldn't have moved out of my parents house. Oh wait, I had to. I was basically kicked out. 

Not that kind of kicked out. My parents didn't do it. The foster home did. Yeah, that's right, my parents are dead. Dead s doornails. Nothing can change that, so I really don't need any apologies. Its not like it's your fault. 

But the good thing is that they went easy. No suffering. They both died on impact when a semi t-boned them at a stoplight. When the police came to my house, I didn't even cry. Sure, I was sad, but I expect these things. 

Nothing like this has ever fazed me. When my cat died when I was 8, I just sighed and asked for a new one. I never get emotional. Never. My old doctor's say it's some sort of bipolar. I really don't know. And I really don't care. 

After my parents died, I was taken to an orphanage. I was an only child, no ther living relatives. Both my parents were single children, and my grandparents on both sides were suicidal. Maybe that's where I got it from.... 

Yes, I'm suicidal. But it doesn't matter any more. I don't try anything and nobody really gets in my way. Yes, I've tryed ever form of suicide. Pills, knifes, jumps. Nothing has worked. I always get "miraculously" saved. But I know the truth. 

Somethings wrong with me. I can feel it. When I close my eyes at night, I don't dream. I see. I see things that are happening around the world. In the past. In the present. In the future. 

I've never told anyone this, though. Not that I'd let anyone get close enough to try. I don't really let anyone into my life. After my parents died, I fell into some pretty bad depression. I didn't see a point to living anymore, so I tried to end my life. But nothing ever works, as I said before.  

I open my eyes and stare at the clock. Even though I'm upside down, I can see it easily. That's another talent of mine. I can see things. Like, actually see them. When I'm upside down, asleep, even is it's behind a wall, I can visualize a room before I even step into it.  

Yeah, I know, weirdo! Get away fast! But no. I'm actually a nice person. I don't intentionally hurt people, except in self defense. But no one ever even talks to me. People just see right through me. I have to speak up if I want someone to notice me. 

 The time is now 4pm. I've been thinking about things for almost an hour. Great. More of my life, wasted! Yay! I sit up and groan. 

"Why have you forsaken me?!" I yell at the ceiling. No answer. As usual. I sigh, frustrated with my sucky life. I reluctantly get up and walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge, expecting nothing, but finding some kind of candy. I take one in my hand, examining the wrapper. I've never seen this before, but it's food, so I pull the package open. 

The little chocolate is square shaped, two little hearts printed on the top. It reminds me of a bar of gold. It looks like one, too. I take a small bite, weary of what it will taste like. To my delight, I find that it is filled with cookies and cream. I gobble up the rest of this one and take out the rest. There are about five more, and their gone in an instant. 

My stomach growls, not satisfied. I groan again and grab my phone. I dial a number I know by heart, a place where I was actually accepted. 

"Hello?" Someone answers. 

"Hi, is Hazel there?" I ask. 

"Yes she is, one second." I wait a few seconds before the phone crackles to life again and a cheery, yet comforting, voice fills my head. 

"Hello?" She asks. 

"Hi Hazel! Long time, no speak, huh? It's Nims." I say happily. 

I hear a quiet intake of breath before the tsunami hits me, full force. 

"Nimmy! Oh my gosh! We haven't talked in soooo long! How are you? Are you all moved into the new apartment? Can I come see? We should have dinner! Oh gosh, we have so much to catch up on. You know where to find me! I have to go. Come down now!" She says, hanging up. 

I smile to myself, overjoyed by Hazel's happiness. I grab my long, black coat and head out onto the streets of New York. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there! This is the second chapter and I hope you all liked it. 

The new character, Hazel Flynn, is played by my best friend, Morgana Hurst (aka @SlayersFan132) She is really sweet and you should all go over and follow her! 

Please comment, vote and favorite for more! Love you guys!!!~Embior2 

P.S. the pic on the side is her black coat. I really like it and I picture Niomi wearing this.