27: Showdown and Surrender

Niomi's POV:

When I wake in the morning, the room is a buzz around me. I rise and dress quickly, slipping on my chain mail armor under my white, pirate-like shirt. I slip on my most durable leather pants, then throw on my sturdy riding boots. I grab the half dozen throwing knives that were left on my pile of clothing and slip them into my pockets and shoes.

I grab my hair up in a ponytail, trying to keep it out of my face. That's when Audrey comes over.

"Hey, let me do your hair. I have a good way to put it up that will keep it from falling into your face while fighting, but still keep it light on your head." she says. I just nod and she sets to work on my icy locks. My hair has started to turn back to it's natural color. It turns more white when I use my ice powers.

In about five minutes, Audrey is done with my hair. She holds up her hand-held mirror and I study the unique technique. She's pulled the short hairs that surround my face back into a fishtail, making a type if halo. She's then braided the rest down my back, weaving the fishtail into the regular braid.

I smile at her and we both return to what we were working on. I take the sharpener to my chakram, sharpening the edges to a deadly degree. After it's sharpened and polished, I take to stocking up on arrows. I equip a few with poisoned heads, just in case. I throw the new arrows, along with the old, into my quiver and then I head outside. 

I take my dagger from the weapon's shed outside, then I take a short sword to have on my belt. After everything is strapped on, I throw my dark green cloak on, then I call Alden. 

He bounds up to me. I give him a few hand signals and he runs off. I smile and rush back into the house. Everyone has gathered up in the sitting room. I hurry in and sit down next to Hazel. She's in full battle gear too. I take her hand and give it a squeeze. She smiles back.

"Alright, so, this is a fight that we must win. If we don't, it will surely mean the death of not only ourselves, but our new friends. Remember, they are not from our world, so we must help them with the things that they don't understand. I wish you all the best and may we be blessed to win." Winnie says, then we all walk out of the house.

Everyone takes a horse, except me. They all mount and wait for me. I just shake my head.

"I'll meet you all there." I say simply, and they take off. I give them about five minutes, then I close my eyes and imagine myself in the field where we first arrived in this land.

I open my eyes and I'm greeted with the familiar feeling of the long field grass on my fingertips. I smile a bit, then look behind me. The others are just coming out of the woods. After they reach me, then send their horses back into the forest. We all hear the sound of pounding hooves on the earth a few minutes later.

I run forward, standing about 30 feet form my friends. We all pull our hoods up, trying to keep the enemies confused as to who's who. I kneel down, putting one hand to the ground, feeling the vibrations on the dirt. About 200, I say to myself. Fun.

I hold up two fingers, then zero, and another zero to my far off friends. They nod, then ready their weapons. I notch an arrow, then I stand up form the ground. That's when I see them. All two hundred of them. Eight against two hundred. A fair fight, really. Well, since we have the magical advantage.

The enemy approach's quickly, most on horseback. When they're about 100 yards form me, I throw my hands out, bringing them in an arc over the ground before me. The area is quickly coated in ice.

As the first few horses hit the ice, they skid and fall easily. I smile wickedly. This is gonna be fun.

The commander stops the troop, the ice already melting. His captain ride up next to him. They exchange quiet words then the leader turns to me.