5: Workout and Weirdo's

Niomi's POV: 

After the small party, Hazel drove me home. I was really tired from meeting all the new people, so I fell asleep right when I got home. 

When I wake up, I trudge out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. I open the fridge, not finding anything, and closing it. I shoot Hazel a quick text telling her that I'm coming down for some food. I throw on an oversized sweater and some leggings, put my hair in a messy bun, and grab my phone.  

When I get to the dinner, Hazel already has breakfast ready for me. She's picked a whole grain waffle, boysenberry syrup, fresh fruit mix and a latte. I eat quickly, trying to get done so I can get back to my apartment. Hazel must notice becasue she doesn't really talk to me while I eat. 

When I finish, I throw a ten down on the counter, yell a quick thank you, and leave. I pracitcally run the four blocks back to my building. After I get back, I throw on my workout outfit and head to the gym. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After a vigorous workout, I decide to get another latte. I stop at Starbuck's and grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Since it's early Fall, everything is PSL flavoured. I pass a big park and decide to stop for a while. 

I go by a playground filled with laughing children and weary mothers who look on. I find a secluded bench, away from any other people, sit down, and sigh. I close my eyes for a moment, but the dream appears: 

I stand in an empty field. Well, a usually empty field. To my right is an army. There must have been a thousand troops waiting for battle. On my left, six figures stand. The soldiers could have easily demolished the six, if they were normal human beings. 

The first of the six, who stood in the middle, has glowing hands and reddish-brown hair. Magic, my mind tells me. On her right is a person with a lake suspended above her head. Next to her is someone with flickers of fire curling around their hands. Next is a person with a chunk of earth suspended next to their head. On the witch's left is someone with a wand. Healer, my mind reveals again. The one on her left is a person who appears to be floating in the air. 

The leader of the troops yells a battle cry and the troops charge us. The six seem to be looking to me, asking me what to do. As the first soldier is about to hit me, the dream swirls into darkness....

I gasp and open my eyes. I breath deeply, as though I just ran a mile. I look up suddenly and am greeted with a big smile. A girl, who looks about 24, with reddish-brown hair, just like my dream, is talking gibberish to me. A few seconds later, I realize it's not gibberish. It's Greek. It takes me a few moments to decipher what she has said. 

"Έχω ήδη ψάχνει για εσάς!"  

 It takes me a few moments to decipher what she has said. I then figure it out. she said " I've been looking for you!"

I give her a questioning look while asking my next question: 

"Do I know you?" 

She laughs and continues. 

"Probably not. Well, I know you, but you don't know me. But it's great to actually see you in person!" She says cheerfully and pulls me into a hug. 

 I pull away. This must make her sad because her face drops. But then it perks back up into a smile. 

 "You obviously aren't very comfortable with this situation. don't worry, normal people usually aren't. but, well, you're not exactly normal..."  She says, eyeing my almost wearily. 

I can feel my face go pale. 

"H-how do you know that?" I question, trying to catch a bluff. But she has already started walking away. I consider going after her, but my mind tells me not too. I have a feeling I'll be seeing her again soon..... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! How did you all enjoy this chapter? It was fun to write. 

Please remember to comment, vote and favorite!! 

Love you guys!!!~Embior2 

P.S. The pic on the side is Nim's workout outfit.