9: Night Time and Nightmare

Niomi's POV: 

After taking care of the intruder, I decide that it's time for dinner. I decide to make something, saying as I don't have a big budget at the moment. I really need to get a job..... 

 I take some rice out of the cupboard and put some chicken in the oven to bake. I love chicken. chicken is my staple food. If I could only eat one thing, it would probably be chicken. After putting the rice in a pot with boiling water, I put the kettle on for tea. 

After grabbing a mug out of the cabinet , I get my favorite kind of tea out. Wild berry and ginger root. I put one of the tea bags in my mug and sit at the kitchen island to wait for my food to get done. 

After a few minutes, the kettle starts to whistle quietly and I take it off the heat. I pour the water into my waiting cup and stir in some sugar. I let it cool while I check on the chicken. I see that is is a light brown color and looks super juicy. 

I grab a hot-pad and take the chicken out of the oven. I set it on top of the stove and stir the rice. Once all the food is done, I plate it and set it on the island. I bring my waiting mug of tea over and sit down. 

Time to relax and eat some good food. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 After eating, I clean the dishes and put away all the leftovers. After having a quick shower, I decide to go to sleep. I haven't slept in a full night for  a while. Sleeping just brings nightmares. Nightmares make distant pain resurface. And that hurts the most. 

I can't help but fall on the covers in a child-like manner, rolling onto my front and cuddling my face into the pillow. The soft, white duvet is very welcoming after the day I've had. I've lifted heavy things, carried so many different materials, and all over all,  just got really tired out. 

I pull the sheets and duvet off the top part of the bed and climb under them. My bed is a white, four poster, queen size bed. I only bought a big one because I'm a light sleeper, so when I wake up in the middle of the night because I heard a sound, I won't immediately fall off the bed. 

Also, having a big bed helps when you wake up at 2 am screaming and crying. I don't normally cry, maybe once or twice a month, if i'm awake. but when i have the nightmares, I can't help but cry and with around, finding no comfort in anything. 

My wanders after this, and soon enough, I find that I'm asleep. 

I awake in a dirty, stinky room, in the dank darkness. I try to lift my hands to push the hair out of my face, but I can't. My wrists are cuffed to thick, heavy metal chains that are chained to the ground. I'm in a half-sitting, half-laying down position, and my clothes are fairly new. My skin is clean, despite the horribly filthy room. 

My hair has also been washed, since I last woke up. Which could have been weeks ago. They keep me chained, and usually, drugged. I pull myself into a more suitable sitting position and put my back against the wall. My eyes are heavy, but I have to keep them open. I can't fall again. 

 After a few minutes of struggling to stay awake, I hear the heavy locks being unlocked on the door. This wakes me right up. I grab at the chains, wrapping them around my hands, them making a fist. Now my hands will be more deadly. 

I lay back against the wall, acting like I'm out. I hear someone coming into the room,  someone with a slight limp. Rafael. He has that limp from where I hit him the last time he tryed to touch me. I really can't believe he came back. But he has back-up this time. I hear them mumbling things to each other in Spanish. And they think i can't tell what they're saying. 

"Well, what should we do to her this time?" Rafael asks his friends, not really expecting an answer. But I feel like I should reply. Since he wants a rematch. 

"Well, you could shut up. That would help." I say, mimicking his friend, Eric. I crack my eyes open a little, just in time to see Rafael turn on Eric. 

"What did you say?" He spits. 

"What? I didn't say nothing." Eric says in a challenging voice. 

Rafael is sbout to swing at him when I clear my throat. 

"Excuse me, but could somebody let me out of these chains?" I ask, my voice gravelly. 

Rafael turns to me, his face plastered with a new look of fear. I smirk at him. 

"So, you're still scared of  little girl? Pretty sad." I say, acting as small as possible. See, when the human body is in a scared position, it makes the antagonist feel more powerful. Rafael whirls around and slaps me. But I don't react. I don't even wince. 

He takes pleasure in this. But he misses one major, and I mean major, detail: My hands are free. Don't ask me why, but they are. He swings his arm back, ready to hit me again, and he releases the punch. But he doesn't expect what happens next. 

My hand comes up and I grab his hand, mid-flight. I grab it tightly and twist. He yells out in pain and this just fuels the fire raging inside me. I pull him down toward my height and swing my legs up and around his neck, then using my body weight to throw him off. 

His head crashes to the floor, just after I jump off. I hear the sweetly-sickening crunch of his skull when I land in a squat. But no time for celebration. This attack only took a second, but his companion has seen it. But before he can yell out for help, I grab his shoulder, using the Vulcan Death Grip and he's out within seconds. 

I smile at my work. Not a sound. No alarms sound, so no one knows I'm free yet. I drag both men into the farthest corner of the room and leave them there. I then pry Eric's shoes off, seeing as his feet are much smaller than Rafael's. 

I slip the black, calf-high boots on, and surprisingly, they fit almost perfectly. I grab all five throwing knives on the boys, then I pad silently to the door. I hold one knife at the ready, the rest stored safely in the padded pockets of my pants. 

I enter the long corridor and decide to go right. I get to the end, and am greeted by another hallway. But this one is much shorter. That's when I see it. A door. But not just any door. A door to the outside. 

I run up to the door, and obviously, it's locked. I pull at the lock, hoping and praying that it will give. But it doesn't. I keep trying, but then I hear a voice. 

"Hey! Get back here!"  

I hear a gunshot and then everything goes black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I wake up with a gasp. My face and neck are coated in a cold sweat, and I shiver form the dropping temperature in my room. 

See, this is why I don't sleep much. It brings the nightmares that I so desperatly want to rid my mind of. But I can't I'll never forget them. Some of them were horrible, the most horrendous things ever. But some of them were good. And those, I must keep. 

I need all the good memories I can get. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! How was that chapter? It took forever to write, so please comment, vote and favrite for it! 

Thanks sooo much for the support I'm getting! Also, go and follow me on Twitter: @Embior2 

I love you all and I'll see you soon!!~Embior2