𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

As I walk back into the store back from my lunch break, I see a letter with my name sitting on the desk. I assume it is my paycheck for the week. I take the letter and quickly run to the back of the store to shove it into my backpack. I pull out my book and stare at the page full of words just thinking. Wait a minute, Jo always hands me my paycheck personally. I look around and don't see anybody in the store. I fish the envelope out of my backpack. I trace my finger around the cursive letters that say my name.

I gently open the letter not wanting to rip the cute pink sticker used to seal the envelope. I retrieve the thin line paper from the envelope. I open the folded paper. I slowly read the letter, heat rushes to my face. I am absolutely confident that my cheeks are red. I feel a smile slowly takeover my face as I read on.

A secret admirer. I have a secret admirer! Me! Plain old Simone, who is too shy to even talk to a guy let alone go out on a date. It is so cute that somebody just as shy as me is writing me letters. I re-read the letter and see I didn't read the postscript. Where are the flowers? I look around the store and see them hidden on a shelf in the vanilla section. I pick up the daisies. I take whiff of the beautiful aroma.

I put the daisies behind the cashier beside my backpack. I sit down on the stool and pick up my book once again. I stare at the page smiling. Jo walks in. "Why the goofy smile, dear?"

"Oh, it's nothing Jo," I jump surprised. "Just something funny happened in the book."

Jo nods not believing my answer, but leaves the situation alone.