𝑼𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏.

Walking in downtown with my friends, we pass by many stores as we like to window shop. As we pass by the span of restaurants, I think I see Simone. I start to walk back and look in to see her sitting at a two seat table with a boy across from her. The boy's and Simone's hands brush against each others, and they start to blush.

I start to feel my heart pounding in my ears. My chest starts to constrict. God, why do I feel like this? So insecure. So vulnerable. So hopeless. The smile on her face makes my heart ache. She is smiling at him, not me. She looks so happy.

I stand there for god knows how long, only to find my friends trying to get my attention. I turn from the restaurant window and walk with my friends. Everything seems to go in slow motion. I can't stop my mind from racing from what I just saw.

Was Simone on a date? I internally scream at myself. If I had just met her when she wanted, I wouldn't have this problem. God, you couldn't have thought she'd wait forever. She looks happy, and that is all that matters.

It's decided. I have to do this. It is for her own good. I have to let her go, not just for her but me too. She looks so happy, and they say if you love someone, you should let them go. I feel tears start to build up in my eyes at just the thought.