𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

As I consume the word's of the first paragraph from my secret admirer's letter, I feel heat make its way to my face. He called me "darling". My eye continue to race left to right, and I see the word "college". My heart starts racing, and I can practically hear Claire chanting, "Si's dating a college boy! Si's dating a college boy! Si's dating a college boy!"

I start to laugh at the thought of Claire prancing around me in a circle. I let myself out of my mind and continue to read. When I read his comment about my hair, I gently touch my ponytail. I brush my fingers against the hair elastic, and contemplate whether or not to release my hair from its trap.  Do I? I don't want to just because a boy said I look beautiful, but I do want to look beautiful.

I pull on the hair elastic and release each strand. I run my hands through each thread to smooth out all the kinks. I slowly start to just pat my hair feeling the softness. I take a small bunch of hair, and start to twirl the hair around my finger. I start to smile at my secret admirer's comment about my hair.

I pick up the white mittens. I gently pet the inner lining and enjoy the softness. I try on both the mittens. I hold my hands out to see how they look on. I fold my mitten-clad hands together and bring them to my chest right above my heart. I start to smile in happiness.

I look up and see two boys from the barber shop across from the candle store looking at me. When I catch one of their eyes, I quickly look down out of shyness. After a minute or so, I look back up to see that the two boys are still staring at me.

One of the boys starts to wave at me. I hesitantly lift my hand up and shyly wave back. I quickly drop my hand and look away. I slowly look up to see the other boy playfully hitting the boy who waved at me.

I laugh at the two, and slowly gather myself together to start work again.