𝑼𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏.

Brushing up the hair, I hear chatter at the entrance of the barbershop. I look up and see Simone with two other people, a boy and girl. The girls speaks when I make eye contact with the group, "My brother over here is in a dire need of a haircut. Maybe even a change."

I nod and look at the boy, "Hey! So what would you like?"

The boy thinks for a second, "Surprise me. You have my consent to do whatever you would like to my hair."

I look at him and assess his hair from afar. He would look good in platinum blond. I guide the boy to the stool and put the barber cape around him. Simone and the girl take a seat on the stools on either side of the boy.

"Simone, if my brother looks better after this, can you give my brother a second chance?" The girl asks with a playful grin upon her face. 

"Yeah, Si. Will you give me another chance?" The boys says teasingly with a stupid grin on his face as well. 

Simone goes shy, and her face turns red. She lets the hair that frames her face act as a shield and acts as though the question was not asked. 

The girl keeps trying to get my attention and flirt with me as I work on her brother's hair. I show no interest in her, hoping she would get the idea, but she is very persistent and continues to talk to me. My eyes drift towards Simone continually. 

"Will you be my girlfriend, Si?" The boys ask. 

I tense up. I can hear my heart thumping in my ears. Simone goes red. "You know I can't, Timothy."

I visibly relax at her comment. "I understand that you are stuck-up on your secret admirer, but just know, I'll be here when you move on."

I feel over the moon that she still likes me. I can't seem to contain my smile. I must look like a sicko from the outside. My hand quickly touch my pocket, which contains the Christmas gift I got Simone.