𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

I got another letter today, but this time it was at the store's door. There was also a white fluffy toque with a with white pompom on top. I gently brush my finger on the inside of the toque, basking in its softness. 

I trace my hands along the cursive script on the envelope. I turn the envelope over, only to find another heart sticker. I gently peel back the sticker. I take the light line paper out and start to read. 

I was halfway through reading my letter when a group of teenagers come into the store loudly. I re-fold my letter and put it back into the envelope. I remove myself from the stool behind the cashier, and make my way to the group. "Hi. Welcome to Classic Candles! Do you need any help?"

One girl with raven hair and piercing blue eyes responds, "Yes! My brother bought this candle for my birthday, and I was wondering if you have any creams and body washes in the same scent."

"Can I see the candle?"

The girl starts to ruffle through her bag. I look away and see that the rest of her friends are wondering throughout the store. "Here it is!" The girl exclaims in triumph. 

I take the jar and read the label. I start to connect the dots. This must be the sister of the guy who came last week. I guide the girl to the vanilla section. I show her the options of what she can get, and she grabs everything. "You must of really liked the smell of this candle, huh?"

"Yes, it is so sweet, which is what I like, but mature at the same time. I'm really surprised that my brother picked this out."

"Well, you should be thanking his friend because he is the one who actually picked this candle out," I say truthfully. After the sandy blonde boy talked to me about The Fault In Our Stars, I haven't been able to get him out of my head.

"Really?" The girl gasps excitedly. "Did this boy have blonde hair?"

I nod my head and the girl starts to jump. The girl's friends start to swarm around her and ask her why she is excited. "Thomas picked this candle for me!"

The guys in the group all roll their eyes, except one, who is looking at the raven hair girl hopelessly. The girls start to gush, "Really? I don't know why Thomas won't just ask you out. It's clear that he likes you."

I smile at them, and walk to the cashier. The hopeless boy comes to the cashier. "She's really excited about Thomas, right?" I nod. "Do you think I should just give up on her? She never looks at me, and when she does, she runs."

"Well have you told her that you like her?" I ask. 

"Yes," the boy sighs. "I have been telling her almost everyday since we were ten. The day our eyes met, I told her that I like her."

"Well-" I stop talking because I don't know the boy's name. 

"My name is Atlas."

"Well Atlas, how do you treat her? Like do you tease her a lot?"

"Maybe, I do tease her. But, I thought girls find that cute. You know like when a boy bullies you, he likes you."

"Well, maybe you need to go with the nice route like do things she likes."

"Okay," Atlas nods. "But she is so smitten by Thomas."

"Just be yourself Atlas. Don't pretend to be something you are not, so don't start acting like Thomas, okay? If she doesn't see that you clearly like her and care for her, then it's her lose."

"Hey!" The raven girl says coming towards Atlas and I. She stands beside Atlas and loops her arm with Atlas'. Atlas' eyebrows shoot up and he looks confused at his crush's affection. "I'll take these."

I start to scan the items. "That'll be twenty-eight fifty. Would you like a bag?"

"Yes, a bag would be nice."

The girl goes to pay, but Atlas stops her. He argues with her and tells her that he'll pay. He pays for the girl. The second he pays, the girl grabs the bag and walks away. Atlas teases, "Someone is jealous!"

"I told you, just be yourself and be kind," I smile. 

The raven hair girl comes back and grabs Atlas' arm, and drags him away. Atlas turns his head around his shoulder and mouths "thank you". I smile and laugh when the girl swats Atlas' hand away when he goes to wave at me. 

Once again, silence envelopes the store. I plop myself on the stool behind the cashier, and open my book.