𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

The loud chatter envelopes our table in the cafeteria. My friends and I sit at a table talking about the things going on in our lives. Claire, my redhead friend, is talking, "So, this guy, softest hair the world. Like it was silky-"

My mind starts to go to my secret admirer. I could never talk to my secret admirer, I am way to shy. Going to a girl's only school means I start to stutter around boys I like. My hands start to sweat profusely and my voice begins to waiver. I wonder what my secret admirer is like. He seems nice from the letter, and he seems to pay attention to me. Those white daises are so beautiful sitting on my dresser. The beautiful aroma is engulfing my room.

A hand waving in front of my face takes me out of my daydream. My other friend, Sophia, says, "Simone, whatcha thinking in that pretty little head of yours?"

"Oh nothing," I brush off the topic about me stuck in my head.

Claire begins to talk once again, "He was cutest boy ever. So kind. Any boys in your life guys?"

"Maybe," Jade says vaguely, but we all know she constantly has a boy in her life.

Amy responds by shaking her head. Sophia shakes her head as well. All the girls' eye land on me. I hesitate on whether or not I should tell them about my secret admirer. Just as I am about to open my mouth, Jade starts to laugh, "Guys! This is Simone we are talking about. She obviously doesn't have a love life. She's never going to have a boyfriend."

"Jade," Claire scolds. Sophia and Amy look at Jade with wide eyes.

"I have a secret admirer," I say opening my mouth. The second the words come out of my mouth, I regret it. I wanted to keep him to myself, and have this story in my heart until I die.

"A secret admirer," Sophia shrieks. "Oh my god! Our little Simone has got a boyfriend."

"Well, he's not my boyfriend. I don't-"

Claire interrupts me, "A boyfriend! A boyfriend! I wonder if he is cute. He has to have nice hair for him to date our Simone."

"Not my boyfri-"

"Oh so what? Simone has secret admirer. Who is to say he will ever reveal himself? What if this is just a prank?" Jade dwells on the situation.

My mind starts to fill with all these horrid thoughts. I thought that the letter was such a romantic gesture. I found the daises beautiful, and thought they symbolized the delicacy of our newfound relationship. What if this was all a prank? No. It can't be. Jade is just messing with my head like usual. My secret admirer sounded so sincere about his feeling towards me.

I let myself into the conversation again. Amy stops everybody, "I have a question. How do you know the secret admirer is boy? You all keep referring to the secret admirer as a him."

All of the girl turn towards me. I gasp, "Umm, I'm not sure. I just assumed it was a boy. Oh my, I am so rude for assuming."

All the girls except Amy nod. Somehow our conversation goes from boys to funny socks. Sophia speaks, "I saw these cute socks with ducks on them. I almost bought them, but them decided against it."

"Oh. I think I saw those too. Were we together that time?" Amy says quietly.

"Yes, I think so. Wait a minute, all of us were there," Sophia laughs, slapping her forehead.

"Sophia, you always forget things," Jade says.

We all laugh at Sophia's clumsy mind. The bell rings signaling lunch is over, and we have five minutes until our class.