𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆.

My friends dragged me out of my room to hang out downtown. I wasn't entirely reluctant to go out, like I usually am. Passing the bright street lights and luminate stores, we peacefully talk about our lives. Claire exclaims, "I might this really cute guy. He has a great personality too. He is patient, kind, and just makes me feel comfortable."

"Claire!" Jade laughs. "This is literally the sixth guy you have said that about."

"I can feel it," Claire shrieks. "He is the one."

"I think you should keep an open mind, Claire. Ninety percent of high school relationship never last," Amy pointed out. "So don't worry too much if you guys don't end up together."

We continue to chatter amongst ourselves. "Mia!" Someone exclaims.

Mia's head shoots up. She starts to smile when she sees the boy who called her name. She skipped, literally skipped, over to the boy. They lace both of their hands together. Mia stands on her tippy toes and talks to the boy.

My eyes filter from Mia and her "friend" to the boy's friends behind them. Amy tugs on my sleeve and motions me to follow her. Mia introduces us to Nathaniel, her "friend", as well as his friends. Starting with Mia and Nathaniel, all of us pair off, one girl and one boy.

I awkwardly stand at the back with some other guy. I wave shyly, "I'm Simone."

"Liam," he curtly responds.

We both walk in an awkward silence. I open my mouth but then close it. I open my mouth again and close it like a blubbering fish. "I am so sorry this is weird. I'm awkward because I have a girlfriend."

"I have someone I am talking to," I laugh. "Okay, now that we got that out of the way, I think we will be fine."

Liam and I fall into a comfortable conversation from talking about school to our hobbies. After a while, we all stop at a restaurant.

The waitress greets us, "Welcome! Table for?"

"Ten," Sophia responds.

"Sorry, we don't have a table for ten available right now. Y'all can wait for about forty-five minutes for a table for ten, or I have five tables for two people but they are spread apart in the whole restaurant."

Sophia looks at us. Mia says, "I'm hungry now. So, I think we can pair off."

Everybody pairs off, leaving Liam and I. I take seat while Liam is on the phone with his girlfriend. Once Liam comes to the table, we order and eat in comfortable conversation.