the end of the book

Melody pov-

    Everything went back to normal quick. Shoto and I are our usual selves. Everything is perfect. I am currently walking on the beach enjoying the nice gentle breeze looking out into the sea. The rest of class 1A are playing beach volleyball or having fights in the water. I see shoto walk up to me and I give him a hug. "It is finally over and we can all relax" I said. "Yes it is over, no more worrying and no more secrets" he made sure to add that secret part to refer to me. I could only sigh. "Yes I agree" everything is normal at school as well and I am one of the top in the class. My brother gets into trouble every now and then by doing something dumb like he usually does with his friends. They made a huge personal pool for me to swim in any time I pleased. I swim in it a lot. I even go to spend my time to swim in the ocean and look at the beautiful coral reefs. I play with the Dolphins and have conversations with the sea life. I enjoy hearing their interesting stories. My brother spends his time going to arcades and doing normal human things. Often we get to swim together and joke around and play games with the dolphins. I am glad he is happy as well.

    I visit my parents from time to time and they even have come to land. They got to tour UA and got to enjoy the things humans do. My mother and shoto's mother have become good friends. I am glad my mom has made a friend and I am glad that things are going well. Because I know I am safe and I am happy, and comfortable with myself as a mermaid who lives on land. And thats all I need as reassurance. Maybe one day I'll take the throne, just maybe.
*ending scene is her alone looking out at the beach. She runs and dives into the water*

Sorry it's been a long time since I posted on this story. I had lost lots of motivation and I at least wanted a cute and happy ending. Hope you enjoyed the story!