𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

𝕁ungkook was nervous as hell

     𝕁ungkook was nervous as hell. he felt like he was soon going to pee his pants.

it was the middle of the night, he was dressed up casually and had a backpack with his essential stuff and clothes for a week beside him. he was currently writing a letter to his mother.

the day before, he made a plan. he watched where his mother hid the back door's key, which was under the microwave for some reason. he will finish with his letter, go downstairs as quietly as possible, leave the letter in the fridge, grab the keys and leave the house.

after a couple of minutes writing, he sighed, satisfied with the result.

hello, mother.
when you see this, you probably already noticed that i'm not home. i'm sorry for disobeying you.
but i'm leaving. i'm eighteen now, i can make my own decisions, even if you don't like it. i can make mistakes too, it's part of growing.
but loving is not a mistake. i love you, mom. i love dad too. thank you for raising me and helping me my entire life.
but i love taehyung. and i rather disobeying you than living unhappy away from him.
i'm sorry for disappointing you. i hope you understand some day and love me again as your son.
love you,
jungkook.

he cleaned the few tears that rolled down his cheeks with the back of his hand, grabbing the letter and standing up from his desk. he grabbed his backpack and walked to the door, looking at his room one last time.

the place where he grew up, the place where he played video games secretly with namjoon and seokjin, the place that watched him draw and the place that comforted him when he cried.

sighing, he closed the door silently, leaving the place behind. he slowly walked down the stairs, trying to make as less noise as posible. once he reached the end, he tiptoed to the kitchen and placed the letter on the fridge, which stayed still by the help of a strawberry shaped magnet.

he looked at the family photo that was hanging there. his mom and dad were smiling widely and pointing at him, jungkook holding his diploma and graduation awards with a smile just as wide.

he sighed once again, turning around and looking for the key, his heart beating fast inside his chest when he found it.

this is it. he'll finally be free.

he grabbed the keys firmly so they didn't make any sound and tiptoed to the back door, inserting the key and turning it, making a click sound that informed him that it was open.

"it was about time." a voice said, scaring the life out of jungkook. he looked back with wide eyes, finding his dad behind him, looking at him with a small sad smile. "i'm so sorry for everything she put you through. i tried to stop her, but you know how stubborn your mom is."

"it's okay." he whispered, letting go of the door handle. after a few unspoken seconds, both of them started tearing up, jungkook's dad walking up to him and hugging him tightly. "i love you, dad."

"i love you more, jungkook. i'm sorry for not being able to stop her." he whispered back, his tears rolling down his cheeks. they both stayed that way for a couple of minutes, both crying and comforting each other in silence.

jungkook's dad was the one who broke the hug, looking at his son with that sad smile again.

"go and be free, champ. i'll be here for whatever you need. and tell taehyung i said hi." he lets go of his son, giving him his phone that he picked up from his wife's drawer and walking a few steps back to look at him. he was so grown up. "i'm really proud of you, i love you."

"thank you, dad. i love you too. i'll call you later." he smiled at him, waving and walking backwards. after a last look at his dad, he turned around and opened the door, being welcomed by the cold air hitting his face.

he smiled. it was one of the best feelings he ever experienced. the feeling of freedom.

he closed the door behind his steps, holding onto his backpack with one hand and onto his phone with the other. after preparing himself for a couple of seconds, he finally started walking away from the house that watched him grow.

—✞—

taehyung was sleeping soundly, little snores coming out of his mouth because of how tired he was. he was in the middle of skating with jungkook when his ringtone startled him and woke him up instantly, groaning when he noticed someone was calling him.

"who the fuck decided it was a good idea to wake me up, fucking hell-"

his heart skipped a beat when he saw the name kookie <3 shining brightly on the screen, instantly picking it up with shaky hands. "j-jungkook? is that you? oh my god i'm about to have a heart attack is that really you?"

"i think so, yeah." he chuckled, tears already rolling down taehyung's cheeks with just the sound of his voice. "can you open your window for me, love?"

taehyung threw his phone away and ran as the speed of light to his window, opening it to reveal a smiling jungkook climbed in the tree in front of his room. he threw his backpack in and entered the room, being instantly attacked by taehyung's arms in a tight hug.

they were counting the seconds for this moment to happen. it felt so good, like the weight on their shoulders finally banished away. they cried in each other's arms, tears of sadness and happiness combined, their souls finally merging together again. as it was supposed to be.

"f-fuck, i missed you so much." taehyung sobbed, hiding his face in jungkook's neck and being comforted by his scent; cinnamon mixed with his addictive cologne. "please don't walk away from me ever again."

"i missed you too, you have no idea of how much. i'll never leave you again, s-sorry for taking so long." he whispered, hiding his face on taehyung's hair, the smell of coconut filling his nose and bringing him comfort.

and there, at 1 am, jungkook sneaking into the blond's room and taehyung only wearing a plain t-shirt and boxers, they got back together once again, this time promising to never leave each other ever again.