10.Don't trust him too much...

After trying hard to remember what happened in my dream, finally, I fell asleep...

'...Today I have to meet Penelope...'

That morning after Lucy came into my room and was trying to wake me up, she said she knocked many times before entering the room but I didn't answer...

'Yeah because I was awake almost half of the night just thinking hard...'

After having Lucy nag about me being lazy, she prepared warm water for me to get ready. I forced myself to go to the bathroom and freshen up.

I had my breakfast ready for me. I had a light breakfast and started getting ready to leave it to meet Penelope.

After lucy finished dressing me up, she said,

"We are ready to go your highness!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Hmm..."

I looked at myself in the mirror, I look gorgeous, I was wearing a lavender light gown with a soft flower pendant on my neck and my hair braided with beautiful pearls on them. My lips with some glossy touch.

'I look beautiful...'

"You like it, your highness?" Lucy asked me.

"Yes, I like it," I said with a smile.

"Yes!"

'Off we go!'

**********

I jumped into the carriage and was departing from the palace. I had a small gift of appreciation for Penelope as it was common in this era.

I had prepared a small pendant that was turquoise in a color that had a match of her eye color.

The carriage stopped and I thought that it was about time that we meet once again...

'I don't know why I feel nervous for some reason...'

As the door of the carriage opened a loyal knight escorted me. I kept a straight face and held his hand. As I got down my eyes widened.

Duke's POV

As the duke was about to go back to his work he saw a royal carriage arriving at the dukedom. His eyes widened.

'What?! His highness is here again?!'

He immediately ordered the fennel (the butler) to gather all the knights at the gate of the mansion.

He also said, "fennel tell Penelope to remain in her room for some time and not come out of it till this matter is settled."

'I won't let happen this time...'

The two brothers, Reynold and Derrick were also present at the gates with the knights and at the last, the Duke arrived.

Reynold's POV

'What's his deal?! That bastard has been showing up every week after the hunting competition!', he thought with a frown on his face.

'Today is the day that we give him a clear rejection that he just can't enter when he wants to...'

Reynold's expression softened and his eyes widened as he saw the carriage door opening in front of him...

'Camille...' he thought to himself.

Camille's POV

When I got down, I saw knights ready in front of the gate. As I looked around I saw the duke and the other two brothers were ready to lash out with their jaw clenched, but as soon as I got down of the carriage their jaw dropped and they all looked at me in great confusion.