12.I wonder why...

After returning from the dukedom, I had some pending paperwork remaining for the day, I quickly finished that and went straight to bed till sleep embraced me...

**********

Next morning...

"-cess..."

'Who is this...?'

"Wake up!"

'Huh?...'

"Princess wake up!"

"Ah! Calm down, woman!", I yelled.

when I opened my eyes I saw Lucy screaming with a frown.

"Finally you're awake!"

"I was tired yesterday so I slept in early..." I said with a rough voice.

Her expression softened and she sat on the edge of the bed saying, " don't push yourself so hard, okay?"

"...okay," I said quietly.

After our conversation, Lucy prepared a tub filled with warm water for me to freshen up, then I sat in front of the mirror, and Lucy started doing my hair.

She suddenly started speaking, " there is a meeting held today in the Emperor's office."

"Huh?"

"When you were freshening up, the butler came in to inform this..."

"Okay..."

************

As soon as she finished doing my hair, the butler arrived to escort me. As we were walking towards the Emperor's office, I started spacing out in my thoughts.

CLACK CLICK-

The sound of the door opening in front of me awakened me from my thoughts.

As I walked in I saw Callisto and the second prince sitting on either side of the conference table and the Emperor seat in the center, it was a basic circular table. I sat in front of the Emperor's seat facing it.

Suddenly my eyes met with the second prince, he looked at me with a cold face and looked away.

'What the...'

I looked away with a slight frown on my face, and I stared at the table in front of me.

As I was busy doing my thing I felt someone's eyes on me. I abruptly looked upwards and found Callisto starting at me. I looked back with a confused look.

He pulled his chair close to my space and whispered lowly,

"No greetings huh."

"Huh?!"

I looked at him with a dumbfounded look.

'No one ever greeted Camille in the first place what's wrong with him!'

And on the other hand, the second prince was looking at us with a rather surprised look as to when did Callisto started approaching this 'nobody Camille'.

"Well looks like I have to do it first, huh." Callisto stated.

"....?"

"Hello, Camille it's nice to see you."

"Uh... Likewise..."

'What's your purpose of actually talking to m-'

"I heard that you visited the Eckarts mansion the other day. Is that true?"

'Ah, so this is the reason you approached me... He just wants to get information on Penelope that's all...?'

'But somehow I feel hurt when he said this...'