17. Thats how we met.

Camille's pov

On my way back, I heard many compliments from several people but I still kept going back to the memory where I just kissed Reynold.

'Why did I do that?!...but it's common here to give a kiss as a farewell...right...yeah yeah it's normal...'

"We shall take our leave, your highness. Thank you for inviting us."

After giving my rites to the people on my way I just weaved myself out from the crowd.

I quickly went back and got freshly changed in my comfortable clothes and tried getting some sleep.

--------------------

Camille's dream

'Where am I?'

I looked around and found myself in a beautiful garden.

I strolled around the freshly cut grass, as I was barefoot, I could feel the grass and the wet soil beneath, the air was so fresh and the breeze was warm, I inhaled this beauty all within.

"You're here."

A velvety voice gets my attention.

I turned around a little too fast it got my neck.

"Ouch..." I mumbled.

As soon as I turned around I gasped.

A man from my previous dream appeared in front of me.

He was tall and had long grass-green hair, emerald eyes, and a chiseled jaw.

It was a stunning sight to see. I was so mesmerized by it that I forgot that my neck nearly broke.

He tilts his head before me. And I blink a few times to get my mind back to the present moment.

"uh...you we're saying..?"

"I said that I'm glad you are here."

'His voice is so calming...'

"Ah...yes..."

'Wait for a second.'

"Who are you?"

"I'm here to give answers to your questions."

"What sorts of answers?"

"Tell me, aren't you curious as to why you are here? "

"I am..."

"So ask me."

"Firstly who are you? and how do you know me? and Why do I have the strangest feeling that we've met before?"

He is startled by the sudden outburst but answers always with a small smile.

"The answer to your first question is I am Orpheus and am here as a guide to you and accompany you throughout this quest."

'Orpheus huh...'

I nod as I let the information sink in.

"Secondly, I know who I'm here for and I do the needy work."

I nod again.

"Lastly, I um well might be invading your privacy during a personal memory..."

"Personal memory?..."

'Ah the dream of my past'

"Ah yes, I saw a glimpse of your face that moment before I got up."

"I apologize deeply for that appearance. That was wrong of me."

"Apology accepted. And don't worry about it, it's fine..."

' it's nothing new for me...at this point I don't even care who gets to know my past life, it has always been following me like a shadow...' I thought with a bitter smile.

"Yes, so your questions so far-"

"And also, there's one more thing, how am I supposed to call you if I need you?"

"Just say my name."

"And what if I'm unable to do that?"

"Then just think of me, I'll be there."

'Think of you... that's embarrassing...'

"Uh...how will you feel that? Will you feel called? Or will you be able to read my thoughts?"

"I'll feel the pull. My powers don't give me the ability to read minds."

"Okay."

"I-"

"One more-"

We both cut each other off.

"You were saying?" He says.

'Oh God, stupid me!'

"Yes, ...am I lucid dreaming?"

He tilts his head on this one.

'Wait does he not know what lucid dreaming is?'

"Pardon, what's that?"

"It's a concept where people are inside their dream but are awake and control themselves in the dream..but a dream can't be controlled only you can control yourself, it's safe to say that you are conscious in a particular dream..."

"Oh yes, you are luceed dreaming."

'He pronounced it incorrectly but it's cute...'
I thought with a smile.

I felt dizziness all of a sudden causing my knees to give up on me. He grabs me in a reflex and whispers,

"Oh, looks like you are waking up."

"Huh?"

"Well meet tomorrow, Camille. Take care till then." He smiled.

And then felt a jolt as he covered his palm over my eyes.

I woke up gasping for air, it was already morning.

Knock knock--

"Princess, may I come in?" Lucy asked.

"Yes, Lucy come in."

And that was Orpheus I met...

To be continued...