Chapter 9 (EDITED)

Edited: 26 July 2023

25 years ago

The city of Chubu was engulfed in a torrential downpour, its streets glistening with raindrops like a diamond-studded tapestry. But amidst this natural symphony, chaos was brewing. A small-time criminal, wielding a menacing quirk that granted him control over any liquid, wreaked havoc in the heart of the city. Despite the valiant efforts of the heroes to subdue him, the relentless rain granted the villain an overwhelming advantage.

As the criminal continued his rampage, tragedy struck when two buildings succumbed to his careless attacks, trapping innocent civilians inside. Panic gripped the heroes as they desperately searched for a way to save those caught in the crumbling structures. But with the buildings swaying precariously, their efforts seemed futile.

Just when all hope appeared to be lost, a flash of brilliant green light streaked through the rain-soaked sky. A woman's ethereal silhouette materialized above the endangered building. A radiant green aura enveloped the structure, halting its collapse with an astonishing display of power.

Witnessing this awe-inspiring feat, the people of Chubu marveled at the enigmatic woman's abilities.With her apparent telekinesis, she effortlessly subdued the criminal, pushing him to the ground with a mere flick of her wrist. Her control over the building was just as astounding, holding it steady with one hand while ensuring the safety of those trapped within.

( Her qurik is powerful as Tatsumaki, from the world of One Punch Man.)

Once the criminal was neutralized and the civilians rescued, the woman set to work clearing the debris. Bricks and rubble seemed to obey her will as they were reduced to dust under her command.

Amidst the chorus of awe-struck citizens, the woman's emerald-green hair and long black dress captured their attention. Her identity remained a mystery, concealed behind a mask that left only her mouth visible. Like a guardian spirit of old, she stood tall and powerful, a symbol of hope in the face of chaos.

 Like a guardian spirit of old, she stood tall and powerful, a symbol of hope in the face of chaos

(Just pretend she has a black mask)

"You heroes are a bunch of weaklings!" she shouted, her voice resonating with authority. "You aren't fit to be heroes! You should quit since you can't even save this region!"

The heroes present felt affronted by her bold statement, demanding to know if she was a hero or a villain. Unperturbed, she announced that she was neither, vowing to destroy the corrupted heroes and villains alike.

Her words were met with outrage, and Hero 2 attempted to arrest her, but before he could act, a shocking explosion rendered him motionless, filling the streets with screams of terror.

"I suggest you know your place, fakes," she sneered, leaving no doubt of her power to eliminate those who opposed her.

Hero 3 questioned her actions, to which she merely responded with a chilling smirk. "I simply erased his existence," she taunted.

The woman's motivations remained shrouded in mystery, but when Hero 1 inquired about her intentions, she revealed her mission to create a better society, where everyone would be treated fairly.

Faced with her unwavering conviction and unmatched power, Hero 3 probed further, seeking her true identity.

"Just call me the Jade Hunter," she laughed with an air of invincibility, before vanishing into thin air, leaving the stunned heroes and citizens in her wake.

The legend of the Jade Hunter had begun, a vigilante shrouded in darkness and possessing an unyielding determination to reshape society. Her actions would challenge the established order, as she set out to bring about a world where justice and fairness reigned supreme. With her emerald-green hair and a mask that concealed her true identity, the Jade Hunter would soon become both a symbol of hope for the oppressed and a shadow of fear for those who sought to abuse their power. And so, her enigmatic quest for justice continued, while the city of Chubu held its breath, wondering what other miracles or mayhem the Jade Hunter would bring.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The water from the shower cascaded down Young Inko's body, soothing her tired muscles and washing away the weariness of the day. Feeling refreshed, she stepped out, wrapped herself in a fluffy towel, and made her way to the kitchen. A beer can was waiting for her, a small indulgence after a long day.

Sitting in the comfort of her living room, Inko turned on the TV to catch up on the news. As she sipped her beer, her eyes widened when a breaking news headline flashed on the screen.

"A vigilante known as Jade Hunter recently destroyed a few buildings in Chubu and killed a hero while doing so. Any details you have about this woman will be appreciated."

Inko's expression twisted into a mixture of frustration and anger. "Tsk, they covered it up by blaming I was the villain," she muttered bitterly. "They even give those fakes the credit of saving the town."

Inko despised how society treated the weak and powerless, judging them for their lack of quirk or strength. She had seen firsthand the hypocrisy of the heroic organizations and how they manipulated the media for their own gain. Her parents, had tragically died in the crossfire. Instead of apologizing, they blamed her parents for getting in the way and letting the villain go loose.

Determined to expose the truth and bring justice to the corrupted heroes, Inko had adopted the persona of Jade Hunter. She sought to dismantle the flawed system that allowed such injustices to persist. Unbeknownst to her, her actions had drawn the attention of someone far more dangerous.

.

.

.

Two years had passed since Jade Hunter's enigmatic appearance, and her vigilante activities continued to strike fear in the hearts of heroes. She was a force to be reckoned with, able to single-handedly take down her enemies and end the careers of new heroes before they even began.

Her intelligence and prowess extended beyond her combat skills. Jade Hunter had infiltrated the government's computer network, stealing valuable data that could expose the truth about the heroes and their corruption. However, despite her relentless pursuit of justice, she remained elusive, with no reports of her activities for the past few weeks.

Amidst the chaos of her double life, Inko found herself facing an unexpected challenge. She held a pregnancy test in her hand, contemplating the implications of the life growing inside her. The father of the child was none other than the most dangerous villain of them all, Hisashi, a man she had initially intended to kill but fate seemed to have intertwined with her own.

Conflicted and uncertain, Inko's mind raced with questions. What would she say to Hisashi? How could she reconcile the life growing within her with the knowledge of his father villainous nature?

Her phone's notification bell snapped her back to reality, and she glanced at the message from Hisashi. The mere sight of his name filled her with both fear and confusion. Fate had thrown them together, and Inko found herself grappling with the complex emotions of love and hate for the man responsible of the current predicament.  

As she contemplated the path that lay ahead, Inko knew that her journey as Jade Hunter was far from over. She was determined to bring about a world where justice prevailed, where the weak were protected, and where the corrupt would face their reckoning.

In a world where heroes and villains clashed, Inko would navigate the treacherous waters of her dual identity, all while carrying the weight of the child she bore, a constant reminder of the tangled web of fate that bound her to the most dangerous man on earth.

To be continue

Word: 1328