Chapter 26 (EDITED)

Edited: 27 October 2023

The atmosphere in Class 1-A grew heavy and tense. No one dared to utter a word as Midoriya and Bakugo remained locked in a bitter feud. The source of this tension could be traced back to a recent training session with All Might, during which Midoriya's victory had left Bakugo defeated to the point of unconsciousness.

(Okay, I'm bad at writing fight scene so imma skip that part)

The young man was far from pleased with the outcome and to vented his frustration he unleashed a furious explosion on the poor green-haired boy's face. The internal turmoil for Bakugo was evident; his inner voice of pride and competitiveness screamed in denial at the notion of losing to someone like Midoriya.

Whatever had transpired between them in the past had clearly left deep scars. Midoriya seemed to harbored his own grudges against Bakugo, as he retaliated immediately after taking that fiery blast to the face. The result was an impromptu brawl erupting right in the middle of the hallway.

The boys of Class 1-A attempted to intervene and put a stop to the brawl, but Midoriya and Bakugo's sheer strength and determination made it challenging to restrain them. As the commotion escalated, students from other classes joined in, hoping to help defuse the situation and prevent further chaos.

Even the senior students, sensing the danger of the situation, rushed to the scene to prevent the two from causing irreparable damage to the school building. It took a collective effort from students and staff to finally separate the two fierce rivals and restore some semblance of order.

Aizawa Shota felt like he wasn't being paid enough to deal with this kind of situation. He had been alerted by the girls about the two troublemakers and had to sacrifice his precious nap time to reprimand them. Usually, parents would be concerned about such incidents, but the responses he received when he called their mothers surprised him a little.

"Katsuki and Izuku fought? Well, it's not the first time. My son is always like that. Just punish him, maybe make him clean the school or something. Once he gets home, I'll deal with his ass," Mrs. Bakugo briskly stated before hanging up.

Mrs. Midoriya's reaction was similar but with a different tone.

"Izuku isn't the type to start a fight, but is Katsuki okay? I'm worried that my baby might have gone overboard. Send my regards to him, okay?" Mrs. Midoriya said, her laughter ringing in the background.

Aizawa stared at the phone for a good couple of minutes before pinching the bridge of his nose. 'Of course, their mothers are friends,' he mused, a sense of resignation settling over him. 'Why did they have to end up in my class?'

When both Bakugo and Midoriya returned to the class after their punishment, a heavy silence hung in the air. Bakugo's gaze was as sharp as daggers, and he kept glaring at Midoriya, who, in turn, chose to ignore him.

Iida, who had been Bakugo's teammate, felt increasingly frustrated by the situation. Bakugo had completely ignored him and gone straight to confront Midoriya. He couldn't fathom working with someone who disregarded their teammate so easily. The tension in the class was noticeable and it was clear that the aftermath of their brawl had left its mark on their relationships with their fellow students.

He glanced over at Uraraka, who had been injured in Bakugo's recent attack. It was hard for him to tolerate someone who showed a lack of concern for their surroundings and readily placed blame on others for getting in the way. In Iida's opinion, such an attitude was incompatible with being a hero. He couldn't help but wonder, "What is U.A. thinking?" Iida began to question.