Chapter 21 (EDITED)

Edited: 27 October 2023

Taking care of a baby wasn't initially in Izuku's plan, but there he found himself, feeding his son in the middle of the night. Parenthood was undeniably challenging – from changing diapers and providing constant attention to sleep deprivation, it encompassed a significant shift from his prior responsibilities.

One day, Inko cast a smug gaze upon him, observing how utterly lifeless Izuku appeared while attempting to soothe his baby to sleep. In response, Izuku exchanged a odd look with her. At that moment, he gained a great understanding of the tiredness and hard work his mother had endured in raising him

From time to time, Kai would take over baby duty from Izuku, allowing Izuku some much-needed rest while Kai devoted his full attention to his son. Initially, Kai had no clue how to handle a baby properly. Eri would occasionally visit him, accompanied by Yurei and Gou, but she wasn't allowed to hold her baby brother.

"When can I hold Asahi?" Eri pleaded with her father.

"No, you're still young! What if you accidentally drop him?" Kai firmly stated.

"I promise I won't," Eri said with desperation.

"No matter how much you beg, my answer remains the same," Kai replied as he rose and left her in the living room.

Another day passed with Eri's unsuccessful attempts to hold her little brother.

After a month had passed, Izuku could finally train without holding back. Whenever she had the opportunity, Inko would take care of Asahi, and she would share babysitting duties with Akihito. Yurei's sister also volunteered to look after the baby when they were busy, which was a tremendous help.

With just three months left before the U.A. entrance exam, Izuku wasn't sure if it was enough time for him to prepare. His body was still weak, with minimal muscle development due to the restrictions during his pregnancy, limiting his ability to exercise.

Standing on Dagobah Beach, gazing at the lingering trash, he began to wonder if he could clean it up within the next three months. It had taken him a whole ten months to complete the clean-up initially. He sigh heavily, there was no time for contemplation as Izuku swiftly started to pile up the trash.

A week passed, and Izuku had made significant progress. His primary focus was on building up his muscle, considering his relatively puny physique. Some locals noticed his dedicated efforts to clean the beach and posted about it online. This attention quickly caught the media's eye, and they began praising him as a responsible and compassionate young man.

His actions also drew the interest of some pro heroes, with All Might taking particular notice. All Might had been keeping an eye on the beach as a potential training ground for his successor. Reporters approached Izuku for interviews, but he remained resolute in his training, offering no responses to their questions.

With no school to attend, Izuku dedicated his entire day to training. He would wake up at 6 AM, arrive at the beach by 7 AM, and start his daily routine. He continued collecting waste until noon when he took a break. Kai and the others would visit, bringing him food to eat. Inko would also bring baby Asahi, giving Izuku some precious time with his son. Then, he would resume his work until 7 PM before returning home.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Standing at the U.A. High entrance gate, Izuku felt a wave of nostalgia wash over him. He glanced at the other students, some appearing nervous, while others seemed indifferent. He had arrived a bit late and had missed the chance to meet Uraraka.