Chapter 27 (EDITED)

Edited: 27 October 2023

"Well, I wanted to know if I can possibly meet your mother," Takeshi asked in a serious tone.

"For what?" Izuku asked suspiciously.

"I don't know if she told you, but she was my mentor despite being close in age," Takeshi sheepishly admitted. "And I want to spar with her again."

"Let me text her first to see if it's okay," Izuku said, taking out his phone.

While waiting for a response, they decided to go to a restaurant and awkwardly ate their food in silence. Shortly after, Izuku's phone buzzed. He read the message his mom sent.

"She said she could meet you tonight at our house," Izuku said. As he relayed the message, he couldn't help but wonder if Kai was aware of this.

"Really? Thank you," Takeshi expressed his gratitude as he grabbed Izuku's hand and shook it. "By the way, I've been wondering, how did you know I was there?"

"My mom showed me your biography, so I know you can transform into different animals and things, and I can feel your aura. You just have this majestic aura around you," Izuku explained.

"Well, I'm flattered," Takeshi said with a gleeful smile. "You, too. You have a rather interesting aura. It has a sinister vibe at the same time there is a holy light as well."

"That does sound interesting," Izuku replied. "Ah, there is something I've been meaning to ask you."

"What is it? I'll answer anything," Takeshi replied eagerly.

"Do you know the whereabouts of the other members?" Izuku inquired.

Takeshi fell silent for a moment.

"I know," he finally admitted.

"Do you still communicate with them?" Izuku asked.

"Ever since your mother disappeared, we've kept in contact in case we found any traces of her," Takeshi confirmed.

"Why are you guys so desperate to find my mother?" Izuku asked. "Last I checked, my mom doesn't have many friends."

"I'm sure you're interested in understanding your mother's real relationship with us," Takeshi said.

"Real relationship?" Izuku inquired.

"I'm sure you've heard that your mother never took part in the JHA group," Takeshi continued.

"That's what the rumors say," Izuku acknowledged as he took a sip of his drink.

"That's only half accurate," Takeshi clarified.

"So, she was involved with the JHA?" Izuku gasped.

"Well, not really," Takeshi explained. "She was more involved with the five of us."

"Um... what made you guys start the association?" Izuku wondered.

"That's another story to tell," Takeshi replied with a bitter smile.

"Are the others going to join later?" Izuku asked.

"100%, especially Ryuusui and Leia. Those two were particularly close to your mother," Takeshi said.

"Oh, the dragon guy! He looks strong. I'd like to meet him," Izuku said.

"I don't think he even wants to know about your existence" Takeshi thought with a wry smile.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.