Chapter 22 (EDITED)

Edited: 27 October 2023

Izuku gazed at himself in the mirror, secretly admiring his own appearance. He couldn't deny that he looked good. Without wanting to come across as a narcissist, he kept his thoughts to himself. Although he wasn't the "hot" type like Todoroki, he fell more into the "cute" category, a compliment he heard from Kai almost every day. After nearly ten minutes of self-reflection, he finally put on his uniform.

Two weeks ago, Izuku received the acceptance letter from U.A. with the highest scores – 56 villain points and 60 rescue points. He had hoped that by destroying the robot in the majority of the zero-point areas, Uraraka would end up in a different part of the city. However, fate seemed determined to put her in that same dire situation, stuck in a collapsed building.

Regardless, Kai was not ready to let Izuku go. He had been clingy since the letter arrived, and even Eri found him annoying. Kai was reluctant to allow Izuku to be in the same room as those who had betrayed him, but Izuku reassured him, promising that he would be fine. Reluctantly, Kai let him go.

.
.
.
.
.

As soon as Izuku entered the class, he witnessed a familiar scene. Katsuki had his leg propped up on a table, while Iida scolded him. Katsuki, true to his typical self, threw insults right back at him. Just as Uraraka entered the room, her eyes locked onto a familiar head of green hair.

"Hey, it's you!" Uraraka greeted enthusiastically.

"Hello," Izuku bowed slightly and smiled.

"I've been meaning to thank you for saving me," Uraraka scratched her head nervously.

"It's nothing. I was just doing what any hero would do," Izuku replied with a smile.

Iida noticed them and briskly made his way over.

"Good morning! I recognize you two. My name is Tenya Iida, and I'm from Somei Private School," Iida introduced himself, extending his hand.

"Midoriya Izuku. Nice to meet you," Izuku shook Iida's hand.

"I'm Uraraka Ochaco," Uraraka said, shaking both of their hands.

"Midoriya, you realized there was something more to that practical exam, didn't you?" Iida asked seriously. "I had no idea. I hate to admit it, but you're better than me," he said solemnly.

"In my first life , I actually didn't realise anything" Izuku thought "I didn't know actually. I just did what felt right" He said sheepishly

"I'm excited to be friend with all of you?" Uraraka said excitedly "I wonder what our teacher's like"

"Our teacher is lying behind you" Izuku thought, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"If you're here to make friends, you can leave," a familiar voice interjected. Izuku blankly stared at Aizawa, who was wrapped up in his yellow sleeping bag. The rest of the students were a little weirded out by the scene. "This is the hero course," Aizawa bluntly stated.

Aizawa climbed to his feet and took a sip from his juice box, which concealed his liquor. "Okay, it took eight seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough," he grumbled.

The students quickly found their seats as Aizawa walked towards the front of the class.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota," he announced with a tired expression. "It's kind of sudden, but put these on and head out to the field."

The students exchanged curious glances and wondered what awaited them outside as Aizawa handed left their gym uniform on the table

Class 1A followed Aizawa's orders, albeit with some confusion. However, Katsuki and Izuku appeared to be the only ones relatively relaxed. When they entered the locker room, Izuku quickly undressed and stretched for a bit before putting on his clothes. His back felt a bit sore, and he wondered if he could go all out during their test.