Chapter 24 (EDITED)

Edited: 27 October 2023

"'Kai, could you please let go?' "Izuku implored,

Kai clung to Izuku as he attempted to leave the house. The thought of Izuku visiting someone he considered untrustworthy filled Kai with unease and a hint of jealousy. Regrettably, Kai had already made plans to celebrate his first day of school, failing to inform Izuku earlier so they could reschedule their spar. Now, with Iida and Uraraka on their way, it was too late to change their plans.

On the contrary, Izuku couldn't help but wonder how someone who was once a cold-blooded killer and child abuser had transformed into a love-struck puppy. Love had certainly worked its magic, reshaping Kai into an entirely different person. If the Kai from his previous timeline were to witness this change, he would likely be utterly disgusted by the current version of him. While having a loyal and caring husband was a blessing, Izuku couldn't deny that Kai's clinginess could sometimes be a tad overwhelming. It didn't bother Izuku personally, but those around them found it rather irksome. In particular, Eri and Akihito.

Eri frequently felt irritated seeing Kai and Izuku being so affectionate with each other. There were moments when Eri couldn't resist pushing Kai away from Izuku, much to his dismay, not because she wanted him all to herself, but to prevent him from monopolizing Izuku's attention. Akihito, on the other hand, had grown tired of Kai's childlike behaviour. He never expected such a profound transformation. If outsiders were to witness this, they would undoubtedly have doubts about whether they truly Yakuza.

Akihito grappled with another problem: Kai's excessive protectiveness. Kai became absolutely furious when anyone dared to speak ill of their family. There was one incident in particular when Kai had arranged a family picnic, bringing together Akihito, Inko, Izuku, and Eri for a day of bonding. This happened while Izuku was five months pregnant. Back then, Izuku had long hair and hadn't cut it since before becoming pregnant, leading many people to mistake him for a girl.

[ Ignore the chest :) ]

At just 14 years old, Izuku drew the attention of onlookers due to his pregnancy, a situation frowned upon by society. Most notably, it was the women, particularly mothers, who cast disapproving glances in his direction.