Chapter 1: Here we go (Edited)

The lunch period had just started and I plopped down next to my best friend, Raven, who I have known since kindergarten. Her charcoal hair was pulled by in a sleek ponytail. Her light green eyes were smiling as she was droning on and on about her latest travels. Paris or something in Europe. I learned to tune her out when she brags about her luxurious lifestyle. Sitting across from me was my boyfriend, James, along with some of his friends. James's gaze was on the table, his curly golden hair falling just in front of his eyes. He seems to be just as tuned out as I was. He felt my stare, his hazel eyes met mine. His jawline was sharp as he gritted his teeth. He was enduring Raven's story just to be around me. He smiles sympathetically at me. I smile back, wishing it was just him and I at this table.

"I saw you kissing that stupid sophomore Jared! Don't lie to me... I'm not stupid!" My train of thought interrupted by a loud pitched scream. I looked over my shoulder to see Victoria Green yelling at her boyfriend, Jared. Jared was the school's bully. A senior who just barely would make the cut for graduating as he wastes away living hoodrat lifestyle. He was vile, I've heard enough rumors to know that I would never be caught dead talking to that boy. I have tried countless times to keep up with the gossip on who he is currently hooked up with, it's like my own little personal reality TV show. This was expected, but the scene she was causing was not. The entire lunchroom now looking, catching the latest episode of his drama.

"You are such a lying chea-" Victoria yells. People giggle around the lunchroom. It's pathetic really. To think she was the girl that was going to change him. Boys like that don't change unless they want to. Even then, some don't.

"I didn't cheat." Jared says, cooly. This is the first thing he has said back to her since she started the commotion. He runs his hands through his honey brown hair. His back was to me, but by his posture, he seemed too relaxed for someone being yelled at.

"I bet ten bucks Vicky is right, he definitely wasn't loyal. Once a cheater, always a cheater." Raven says to me with an all-knowing smile. I shrug, knowing she was right. Not a wager I would bet against.

"You're such a jerk Jared." Vicky yells. She has her arms folded in front of her chest. She looks like she is about to cry.

"Really Vicky? I'm the one who is being a jerk right now? Have you looked around you? You produced quite an audience with your little show here." He puts his arms out to his sides as he turns his body to show her all of the people who suddenly looked away in unison.

"You know what, you are completely right. I'm the idiot that chose to trust you. Even though I knew you were a pig. I'm done here. We are done." Victoria lowers her voice, a tear running down her cheek. I felt uncomfortable to be staring any longer. I look away, looking at James laughing with his buddies at the situation. I sigh. Poor girl, I do actually feel bad for her. She just made a fool out of herself for a boy that couldn't care less about her.

"I thought we were over when I kissed that stupid sophomore," Jared says laughing. Some people watching laugh too. Some girls gasp in shock. His tone and the way he just said that to her like it was funny was disgusting.

"HEY!" A girl yells, my guess would be that it was probably the sophomore Jared and Victoria were fighting over. Victoria cries out in frustration and runs out of the cafeteria. I look back over my shoulder to see Jared high five one of his buddies at his lunch table as he sits down. Everyone returns back to their lunches, gossiping over what just happened. The bell echos through the cafeteria, signaling it was time to resume class.

"Well, time to go back to hell." Raven says as she gets up to throw away her trash and put her tray away. James grabs my trash and my tray for me as we both get up to do the same. We walk out through the doors and he grabs my hand. I was always uncomfortable at the thought of physical affection, I hated the public display of it, yet James insisted on it. He said it was his love language, whatever that meant. I guess it wasn't mine. He walked me all the way to my next class before pecking me on the lips.