Chapter 9: Well tonight is a night I will never forget.....

LOL I loved seeing comments like "Now I’m scared a duck is watching me" haha XD...stay tuned for another "And remember kids...." at the end of this chapter. :)))

I hadn't seen Jared since this morning. He claimed that James was cheating on me but what on earth made him believe that.

I'll be there at eight. James texts me. He obviously was my date for homecoming tonight.

Okay :). I reply back. Honestly I didn’t have time or the energy to go dress shopping so I was going to wear one of my old dresses. I find a plain black dress that I wore to my grandmother’s funeral last year. I'm about to slip it on when there is a knock on my door.

"One sec." I answer slipping my skinny jeans back on and go to answer the door. I open it to see a huge grin on Jared's face. I go to slam the door in his face but he puts his foot in the way sliding into my room and shutting the door behind him. In his grasp is a long black bag usually used to keep clothing nice? 

"Why are you smiling like a crazy person?" I ask him suspiciously. He throws the black bag onto my bed.

"Just open it." He shrugs, his smile getting larger.

"Why?" 

"Because I said so." He narrows his eyes, his voice going cold.

"Fine." I snap. I roughly pull down the zipper and gasp.

"Jared what is this....?"

"Your homecoming dress." His voice happier with this reply. The dress was a silver heart shaped neckline. It was a moderate length and was poufy at the end of the skirt. I shake my head in shock.

"You don't like it?"  He says sounding almost disappointed.

"I like it a lot, I'm just shocked that you-"

"Shocked that I what? Actually have feelings and felt bad for what happened with your parents so I got you a dress to say I'm sorry? I know heartless Jared, he would never do anything so...selfless!"

"Jared that's not what I meant..." His words stung.

"Yeah whatever." He says walking towards the door.

"Jared...come on... that's not what I meant..." He turns to me with a blank expression.

"Just drop it Princess." He says coldly.

"I thought you were over that phase of calling me that." 

"I thought you were over the phase of acting like that." And with that he slams the door behind him making me finch. I pull my hands to my face rubbing my temples. A few moments pass by before I decide to wear the dress. I didn't need to make things worse between Jared and me.

I curl my hair, having loose curls fall down the small of my back. I grab a few bobby pins, opening them with my teeth because I can't open the stupid things with my hands and keep my hair in the same place at the same time. When I am finally able to get the pins into my hair, I push them forward a little, creating a bump. I dab on some concealer, wipe my eyelashes with mascara, coat the top of my eye lid with silver eyeliner and put on some black eyeliner on the bottom. I looked...pretty. The dress was not too tight around midsection so I had breathing room but it was just tight enough to make my chest a bit more noticeable without being ridiculous. All in all I owed Jared one. I was fixing to go tell Jared I was sorry but someone rang the doorbell. I look at my cellphone to see what time it is. It was five till eight which means it was probably James. I grab my heels and my purse and go to greet James. I open the door and immediately James takes my hand, pulls me to his car, and opens my door.