Chapter 4: That's mine

Disclaimer: the poem isn't mine, its Emily Swinney's. I’m not a good poet so I’ll never post a poem. :)

I pull out my phone, still sitting at the table. I was trying hard to distract myself from Jared. I hate him a little less knowing that he hadn't killed...them... but he still was in the car. I check my Wattpad, sad to find nothing new. No updates on the books I’m following, and no new fans (I only had four and one is my second account). I had written a collection of short poems but it had only received 1 vote and two reads. Then an idea popped up into my head, I was going to write a new poem:

"The pain that you feel, but can’t touch.

A pain you know of, but can’t explain

A pain so fierce. You go insane

The unknown pain that clutches your heart

And burns in your soul

The pain in your life

Too strong to carry on

The unknown pain that clouds your mind

And devours your every thought

The pain of broken promisesBroken dreams 

The pain that’s unheard of 

The pain that is not seen" 

I add a few tags such as hurt, lost, pain, poem, and act and close my phone app. All of the events that have taken place over these few days compelled me to write a poem like that. I don't care if people read it, if they like it or hate it. It is how I feel and I wasn't taking it down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Mr. Marshall gave me a house tour, a total of eight rooms, four bathrooms, a game room, a theater and an indoor swimming pool, he showed me where my room was. I honestly felt jealous of all the amazing stuff they had. They could do so much more with their money than build an indoor swimming pool. Like who the hell does that? I mean don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for the invitation to stay here but really! I open the door to my room. It was on the second floor overlooking the ocean beyond. My jaw drops as I take everything in. The walls were white while the floors complemented them with a light blue carpet. A small chandelier hung down from the ceiling with tiny shells hanging from it. There was a floor lamp in the corner of the room that looked like a light house and it was taller than me! The bed was a queen size and was levitating off the ground? I look to try to find what was supporting it. I had no luck as I looked under the bed, finding nothing. No pegs or stands. The white frame around it had the curtains that draped around the top of it so I could close myself inside my bed. I sit down on the white sand bedding, it literally looked like beach sand with shells and everything, when my bed swung backwards. What then? I get off the bed, watching it rock back and forth. I take a few step back and look at the ceiling. Chains were attached to the top of the bed frame. So the bed was supposed to move... I push the bed watching it, I do this several times. This was going to take some getting used to. It was a breath taking sight. I felt more like an intruder than a guest as i try to organize my stuff the way i had it back home. I adjusted my stuff to the different sizes and shapes. The vanity mirror and drawers were much bigger than at home. I had more empty spaces than I did stuff! 

"Don't worry my dad will probably treat you like the daughter he never had. All that empty space will probably filled up princess." I didn't have to look to guess where that snide comment came from.