Hwang Yeji // Song About You

~ Grammys 2021 ~

"Nominated for song of the year are Beyoncé for Black Parade, Roddy Ricch for The Box, Taylor Swift for Cardigan, Y/n Y/l/n for Lie , Dua Lipa for Don't Start Now, Billie Eilish for Everything I Wanted, and JP Saxe and Julia Michaels for If The World Was Ending"

"And the Grammy goes to...first ever, Korean, soloist to be nominated in Grammys, and will also perform for us today, Y/N Y/L/N!" I smiled and walked up on stage, thanking some people for congratulating me on my way. I took the mic and sighned. He said that I'm gonna perform right after and I have some time to talk.

"I can't believe I did it, hahaha" I laughed quietly...and nervously.

God I wish she was here to calm my anxiety, she's probably watching at home.

Or she's practicing with her members, not caring at all.

"I'm glad, so so glad that you like that song. I put my whole heart and feelings into this, as well as into my album I'll release soon-" I was cut off by chantings, I smiled and giggled. "It's called Lie, because " I looked down at the award in my hand for a split second "-i have to lie about things written in that song, It's about someone very very special to me, but I released...I was forced to release rewritten version of it" I heard gasps "Thankfully I left the toxic entertainment i was in, for now I'm my own manager. But I'm glad because I can finally be myself" I smiled widely, recieving the same smiles from the audience "I wrote it not about a man but about a girl-" Clasps and cheers were heard.

I just came out on live TV

"I love you all and enjoy the real song" I smiled and quickly went backstage to put on the mic and warm up my voice.

.
.

"Let's give it up to her, once again, Y/N Y/L/N!"

"I'm 23, and my folks are getting old
I know they don't have forever and I'm scared to be alone
So I'm thankful for H.Y, even though sometimes we fight
When my life wasn't easy, she's the reason I survived
I hope she'd never leave me and I hate to see her cry
So I wrote this song to tell her that I'm always by her side
I wrote this song to tell her that I'm always by her side
I wrote this song to tell her that she's all I've ever got

The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad
If we got each other, and that's all we have
I wanna be your lover, I'll hold your hand
You should know I'll be there for you
When the world's not perfect

When the world's not kind
we have each other then we'll both be fine
I will be your lover, and I'll hold your hand
You should know I'll be there for you
Forever...

*Instrumental break*

She's sensible, so incredible
All my friends are jealous
She says everything I need to hear
And it's like I couldn't ask for anything
She opens up my door and I get into her car
And she says, "You look beautiful tonight"

Then, I feel...a lot of butterflies

it's 2:00 a.m., and I can't sleep
I'm so in love with her that I act crazy
And I never knew I could feel that much
The world says its wrong but what if...she's everything I've got?

She respects my space and never makes me wait
And she calls exactly when she says she will
She's so close to my mother, and talks business with my father
She's charming and...why the fuck is that everybody's bother?
I'm glad that she survived, everything that was wrong
I'm glad that she's alive because without her I'd be gone

I just hope that she's okay
And she's doing out there great
I wish she could be herself
And she'll never have to lie to them...again"

I heard whistles, claps and chantings. I smiled, thanked them and walked off the stage.

I did it

I really did it

I told the world that I'm in love with a girl

Not just some girl...Hwang Yeji, a total angel. She deserves the world but the world don't deserve her.

I didn't care about other nominations, I just wanted to be comfortable and in her arms right now.

I changed in normal clothes and walked out of the building that the award show was hosted in. I was immediately swarmed by paparazzies, screaming and taking a lot of photos of me.

"Y/n that was amazing!"
"You rocked the scene!"
"You looked fabulous!"

"Thank you"

"Who's the girl!?"
"Is she even pretty!?"
"She's from Korea too, right!?"
"So you're gay now!? EWW!"

"I-"

"Is it Jennie from BLACKPINK!?"
"Nayeon from TWICE!?"
"Is she even famous!?"
"I bet she's fucking you for your money!"

"STOP! She would never do that!" I yelled angry "Why are you all so noisy?! Just leave me the fuck alone!" I got in my car.

"Where to miss Y/l/n? You left quite early, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm okay, thanks. Can you drive me straight to the airport please?"

"What about your belongings in your hotel miss?"

"I'm gonna pay someone to fly them out for me, or just leave them"

"I understand miss"

.
.
.

Korea, home sweet home

*Knock knock*

The door opened to reveal the one and only person I wanted to see.

"Emm. Who are you, should I-" She asked confused.

"Hands up, turn around, walk in and lay on the ground and maybe everyone will be fine" I said in a deep voice showing her guns with my fingers.

"I-uh" I took off my cover up and her smile brightened up on her face. She launched herself onto me. "Y/N!"

"Hi, Yeji-bear" I hugged her back and smiled.

"I watched your performance, you were incredible. And so brave, I wish i-" her smile dropped. "She's lucky" she said and pulled away from me.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"The girl, the girl you were singing about. She's lucky to have you" She said with a sad expression on her face.

"No, no, I'm lucky I have her. She's the reason I survived, remember?" I asked but she turned around. I heard...sniffles? "Hey Yeji, are...are you crying?" I turned her around by her shoulders and...tears were streaming down her face. I immediately pulled her in my tight embrace. "Don't cry, I love you, don't cry please" I whispered in her ear, stroking her hair.
After few minutes and me almost calming her down she started crying again.

"I want to be that girl" she cried out.

"What?"

"I want to be the girl you were singing about"

"You are, that song is about you Yeji" I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Huh"