Hwang Yeji // Mute

"Class today we have a new student joining us from overseas, all the way from Canada" The teacher announced and everyone started whispering. Including Itzy's girls.

You can say that Itzy is the popular group of girls from the movies. Like, they are inseparable, they are wealthy and all. There's one difference though, they are not mean bullies. They treat people equally and don't mess with other people's problems. They usually avoid trouble and schools bullies, but even bullies are whipped for them.
Like was said, they're the most popular girls in school, though they don't mind that and just live their life.

"Also" The teacher added "She's mute" Everyone started whispering even more about the mysterious girl. "I know what you think but no, she can talk just...she doesn't like to talk much. In fact she haven't spoken a word since she was 7. I want you all to respect that, and be nothing but nice to her. Understood?" He asked and the students nodded. Few minutes later there was a knock. "Come in"

The students got quiet when the room entered a beautiful, quite shy girl. She bowed and took a one look around the class before she averted her gaze on the floor.

Everyone would admit now, they at least have a small crush on the girl.

"Annyeong, you must be Y/n right?" the girl just slightly nodded. "Please sit there, feel welcome. And don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone here is willing to help you" Mr. Kim said with a smile. She nodded again and took the free seat in front of Hwang Yeji, the most popular and the most precious girl in school.

Unfortunately Yeji's brother saw the instant liking his twin sister took towards the new girl (like everyone did after all). And being the person he is, he just had to tease her.
Yeji is a beautiful and confident girl but she's quite shy if it's about relationship kind of things. She can't be bold like Hyunjin even if she tried.

"Hey beautiful angel, I think you've mistaken the rooms. Heaven is far above us" he said out loud and the whole class 'uuu'ed. The ladder just quietly rolled her eyes so no one could see and looked at her textbook.

'yeah I'm definitely gay' she thought.

The orange haired girl smiled at the Goddess (as she'd describe) in front of her, her mind drifting away to fantasy.

.
.

"Hey, hey! Wait!" Yeji yelled catching attention of the girl that was walking way too fast for a normal human being. Y/n stopped in her tracks and turned around just in time for Yeji to catch up.

When she saw the girl her mind went crazy, she has never felt like that. It's a new feeling for her.

"I-I-I'm sorry for my brother, he's...weird sometimes" Yeji stuttered out an apology, she was intensely looking at the y/h/c haired girl, to try and catch some type of an reaction.

She actually was reading about mutes the whole lesson. She wanted to know what the girl would be comfortable with her doing.

The girl just shook her head and lift the corner of her mouth a little up, but that slipped the orange haired girl's attention.

"I'm Hwang Yeji, I hope we can be great friends" She put out her hand, and few seconds passed before the mute girl shook it. She smiled politely as if saying 'nice to meet you' and carried on with her walk as if nothing happened.

Y/n never had friends, she never let anyone get close to her since that accident when she was seven. She doesn't speak and make friends because she's afraid they'll leave her, so she stays quiet.
It's her fifteenth school since she was bullied in all the past schools, the reason?
Being mute and having no friends.
But she swore to herself that she'll make at least one friend here, in this school.
She doesn't know how since she doesn't speak but she'll try. .

.
.
.

It's been 8 months since Y/n came to that school, it's the longest she has ever stayed in one school.

Throughout those months there was a lot of people that were trying to get Y/n to talk and make friends with her.
Some gave up after month, some after 2 weeks and ones didn't even wait a whole day. They just said 'you don't talk with me than we can't be friends' and left. Like everyone in her life.

There was some bullying from few people but there always was a girl that protected her.

The only one person, stayed the whole 8 months. She never pushed Y/n to talk with her, sometimes she would just sit with Y/n at lunch and eat, exchange smile and crack a joke from time to time.
Sometimes she would invite Y/n to hang out, then they would meet and she would talk about things she's passionate about. Knowing that Y/n listens to her rants she was smiling the whole time.

Eventually she also grew tired of waiting, feeling like she was talking to herself every time they met. People staring at her weirdly because she looked like she was disturbing someone who didn't want to be rude to shoo her away.

She just wanted to hear the voice of an precious person she grow to like. Like like, even love. Yes she fell in love...

It was hard for her to not even hear a 'hello' in the morning. Thought she could read Y/n like a book, just because of her eyes and gestures.

Yeji's friends also started doubting if the mute girl even wanted to befriend the ladder, they didn't want their friend to be hurt. She's the most precious human on the world, no one wants to hurt someone like that.

But come on, have you seen Y/n looking at Yeji? The smiles, the blushed, playful eye rolls.

Some more time...

"Yeji-ya" Lia snapped her finger, the five of them were sitting at lunch

"Go tell her now, we know it hurts you but it will hurt you even more if you're gonna live thinking if she even likes you as a friend" Ryujin said.

Yeji nodded and stood up, she took a deep breath, tears build up in her eyes as she took her way to Y/n's lunchtable

Y/n cought in her sight Yeji walking her way towards her and she stood up. She grabbed a bag of onion chips she bought just for the girl and smiled.

Yeji stopped right in front of Y/n and took a deep breath. Y/n at the other hand smiled even brighter.

"Good morning Yeji" Y/n and offered her the snack "Here I bought you this, you told me you like snacks"

Everyone shocked hearing her voice, they couldn't deny its beautiful like its owner.

"I-I" Yeji stuttered and launched herself on Y/n engulfing her in a bear hug "You're talking to me" Y/n giggled and hugged her back. "Finally..." she nuzzled her head in the crock of Y/n neck.

"Just for you..."