03

"Without you..."

◅──────▻

"Are you sure?" Hyunwoo asked, furrowing his eyebrows. Minhyuk shook his head almost immediately. "Not completely... But it's a possibility..." he said, eyes wide in slight desperation.

The man had interrupted Taeyong and Shownu's conversation by busting into the room after Yuta had told him where the office was. Both men seemed utterly confused by his sudden appearance and before neither could react, Minhyuk had already dragged Hyunwoo out of the room.

Hyunwoo glanced around, scratching his head. "Look, Minhyuk. We can't jump to conclusions..." The older said, frowning slightly. Minhyuk was desperate to get Hyungwon back. All of them were.

And now that they had gotten even a small lead after multiple failures their hopes were now up.

The office door that had been slightly ajar opened now fully and Taeyong walked out. The man cleared his throat. "Sorry, couldn't help but to eavesdrop.." He apologized, bowing his head slightly. "Not that I don't trust you, but the sudden secrecy seemed a little suspicious.." the leader continued, and Minhyuk just nodded his head as he understood where he was coming from. 

"In any case. You suspect the guy we had here is one of yours?" Taeyong continued, earning a small nod from Minhyuk once more. The leader let out a deep breath, nodding his head. "If that's the case, we can check the security camera." He stated, nodding his head a little bit before signaling for the other two to follow him.

They swiftly made it to a room with multiple screens that displayed places all around the base. Taeyong pulled up the interrogation room onto the largest screen before rolling back the recording to the other night. The man leaned against the table.

"This is where we brought him in," Taeyong explained pointing at the screen. There wasn't a clear shot of the unconscious man's face. The leader fast-forwarded quite a bit, saying that the guy was out for a while.

When the man on the floor came to it, Yuta immediately took action after he made Shotaro leave the room. "Pause it, please," Minhyuk hummed softly when the redhead pulled the guy up, finally giving the camera a clear shot. Taeyong followed the request, stopping the film.

"Can you zoom?" Shownu asked getting an affirmative hum in response. Taeyong zoomed into the paused picture. "It's him," Minhyuk blurted out almost gleefully, glancing at Shownu who just nodded as to agree with the younger man. 

You couldn't mistake Hyungwon's features for anyone else's. Despite the fact that he was obviously slightly skinnier if that even was possible. But there was no way that it was not him. That face was recognizable anywhere and you ould have to be blind if you stated otherwise.

Taeyong accidentally let the video continue running, revealing the events that had gone down in the room.  Minhyuk stared at the screen in surprise went Hyungwon attacked Yuta. the words that came through the slightly distorted recording weren't like Hyungwon. The way he threatened the other felt off. It was quite un-Hyungwon-like, as the guy has said he 'doesn't like giving threats.'.

"Fuck.. At least we know he's in this area.." Minhyuk muttered under his breath, running his finger's through his black strands in a frustrated manner. 

"Why is one of your members with the Devil's Choir?" The same question would keep repeating as long as Hyungwon would be with the bastards. 

Minhyuk heard Shownu take a breath as to talk but decided to open his mouth first. Shownu would say it nicely but there was no need to be gentle with words when it came to Chae Inha. "Because the leader thinks that just because Hyungwon is blood-related, he owns him. I can't explain it but because of all of this shit Hyungwon was forced to join and Wonho is in fucking a coma." Minhyuk explained shortly, bitterly clicking his tongue. "It's a mess." He then whispered, sighing lightly.