06

"Being alivе is scary and tough..."

◅──────▻ 

When they arrived at the place Shownu had picked for them, the two didn't expect the greeting they received.

"Hey! Be careful!" Hoseok hissed when Minhyuk pulled Hyungwon into an embrace. Minhyuk only glared at the leader. "I'll talk with you in a moment, bastard." He hissed back.

Hyungwon chuckled quietly. "My shoulder's hurting..." He mumbled against the older shoulder and was immediately let go followed by an apology. Hyungwon smiled at the man, ruffling his hair a little. "I'm glad you're okay," Minhyuk said and Hyungwon nodded. "You too." He responded.

After the heartfelt exchange, Minhyuk turned to the leader his face hardening. "You.." he started and stepped closer. Hoseok's eyes widened. "Me?" He said. Minhyuk walked up to the man, flicking him on the forehead as hard as he could. "That's from Kihyun, you know he'd do that." 

Hyungwon watched as Minhyuk smacked the older on the head next. "And that's from me and everyone else. How the fuck can you just do that?! And then come here!?" MInhyuk ranted. Hoseok sealed his lips. "You're lucky you're important. I swear to god I would kill you otherwise!" Hoseok knew he'd probably get the same rant from multiple people in the coming days.

"What he do..?" Hyungwon asked carefully, making the angry one huff. "He walked out of a hospital. That's what he did!" The ex-hitman turned to Hoseok, eyes wide. "You what!?" he raised his voice.

Hoseok scratched his head a little. "I... I don't have an excuse.." He mumbled out, shoulders relaxing in defeat. The other two men huffed. "You moron.." Minhyuk tutted, crossing his arms. 

"Where are the others?" Hoseok changed the topic, clearing his throat after. "They're at the place we're staying at. We came here to make sure you two got here safe.." Minhyuk hummed, signaling towards the kitchen area so that the two others would move there.

"Who's with you?" Hyungwon asked, following the direction Minhyuk had given. "You'll see.." The older hummed, ushering him forward.

Hyungwon grabbed Hoseok's hand carefully as they entered the space. His brown eyes landed on a messy head of blonde hair and a familiar face followed. His eyebrows immediately in confusion. "He... But..." He said, pointing at the man, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Who's that?" Hoseok asked, turning his head to Minhyuk. The man just smiled nodding at the blonde guy. "I'm... Or should I say I was..?" "A Devil's Choir member." Hyungwon blurted out even if he didn't mean to. His hand squeezed Hoseok's tightly.

"Why is he..?" Hyungwon licked his lips, taking a deep breath breaking eye contact with the blond man whose name he still didn't recall. "Won... We wouldn't be here without him. He's not on their side." Minhyuk explained, eyeing the hurt man worriedly. 

"My name's Kenta..." The blonde man introduced himself to Hoseok, bowing a full 90 degrees. "What do you mean Minhyuk?" The leader then asked, after nodding at the new person as a small greeting.

"He came to NCT's base all alone. Gave us floor plans and everything." The man explained, wrapping his arm around Kenta's shoulders carefully. "I know trusting him might be hard but we would be amongst that burnt rubble if it wasn't for him."

Hyungwon eyed Kenta a little before letting out a deep breath and nodding. "I.." He started, lowering his gaze. "I trust him. I guess.." He then mumbled, nodding his head once more as if to convince himself of his words.

Kenta was a good guy, to an extent. Even if Hyungwon would have a hard time seeing him as anything else than one of his father's subordinates. If he had helped all of the people Hyungwon cared for, he had a place to stand next to them in this fight.