11

"As long as I have your love..."

◅─────▻

'Three buildings all around Seoul were blown up last night around 2 am. The police haven't found any clues yet, as to who could be behind these attacks.'  the news anchor on the TV spoke in a formal tone. Hyungwon crossed his arms, tilting his head a little as he stared at the screen in silence. 'Though at this moment, they suspect Chae Inha, a known organized crime kingpin and his subordinates for this, since the buildings that were destroyed were under his or his business partners' names.' 

A snarl made its way to his face. "Christ," he muttered, crossing his arms. Maybe it was better that the general public wasn't aware of the man's death yet. They could pin any massive attacks on the cursed man and his groupies.

'The Seoul Metropolitan Police are looking into this. If you have any information, please contact the officials. Now, for the weath....' Hyungwon zoned when the rest of the news wasn't any of importance to him, staring at the bright TV screen his thoughts now on their upcoming movements.

With the bases down now, they could move to take care of the middle-ranked men and the ones who would be in charge of finding new safe-houses and recruits.

While they, The X-Crew or anyone allied with them, can not stop the new recruitments fully, there would be no safe places to find. They were making sure of that. It would be costly, since buying land and the most hidden buildings would be required but it shouldn't hurt their wallets too much.

Or more like Hoseok's wallet.

"At least they don't suspect us." A voice suddenly said, making Hyungwon turn his head, now snapped out of his thoughts, to see Jooheon leaning onto the backrest of the couch. "Not yet. I just hope we did a thorough job with the security cams and shit." Hyungwon spoke, straightening his posture a little.

"I don't doubt that the cops will be on our tail soon.. The more we try to get rid of The Devil's Choir, the more visible we'll become." Jooheon said, jumping over the backrest to it on the couch. The ma let out a deep sigh.

"At least we're kind of helping the cops by taking them down, even if it's from the other side of the law." Hyungwon chuckled lightly, throwing his leg over the other. "We might have to make friends in the police force eventually." 

"Who says we don't have that already?" Jooheon grinned, licking over his lips. Hyungwon turned to the guy, slightly confused by the statement. Did they? Was this not a commonly used lifeline on their part?

"What? We all have our backgrounds." Jooheon chuckled, turning towards the older man head slightly tilted. 

"I thought you used to work with Gunhee and Yoonho?" Hyungwon asked, now intrigued. Jooheon might have been the only one he didn't really know the background of. The story of how he got to this point in life.

"I did. But Yoonho's a doctor. The hell did me and Gunhee do before all this then, hm?" The guy spoke, placing his hands behind his head and leaning back all relaxed. "Now I never got to work as a cop... I kinda got thrown out of the academy.." Jooheon muttered, making Hyungwon chuckle.

"What did you do?" Hyungwon asked, watching the other as he pulled his lips into a line. "Cheated... And while it was being investigated, got into a fight with the bastard who snitched. Gunhee joined in since we were... Friends." The man cleared his throat.

Ah yes... "Friends"

"Anyway... A few of my friends are cops now. We keep in contact and he updates us often. They have seen a lot of the corrupt bullshit that goes on in the force so... We can trust them." Jooheon explained, making Hyungwon nod his head. That explained a little bit as to how they managed to avoid police patrols whenever on their nightly outings.