05

"So I'm alright..."

◅──────▻ 

Watching from amongst the trees as the nice, off-white building was engulfed in flames Minhyuk sighed. The Devil's Choir sure had their favorite method of getting rid of people.

Too bad they never bother to check the premises.

"Hyung," Jooheon said, grabbing Minhyuk's upper arm. The said man glanced at the younger, slightly startled by the sudden appearance. "We need to go." Jooheon huffed, tugging the man along. Minhyuk spared one more look at the beautiful flames before following along.

They had fully prepared for the situation. All important things had been taken along to the basement through a secret exit which was meant for emergencies only. Taeyong had seemed to take into account these types of events, which turned out to be a smart choice.

Jooheon pulled Minhyuk through the trees to the black van parked at the end of a road. The exit was by no means in top condition, but they could make it out of there with the large vehicle with enough effort.

"We have a safe house closer to Tokyo, but being there also means we need to be seriously careful from now on." Taeyong huffed as the last two seated themselves in the car. Everyone agreed with silent nods.

There was no room for mistakes.

The car ride was spent mostly in silence. Others slept through it due to it being quite late at night. Others just could not close their eyes for whatever their reasons might have been. Stress, worry...

"You're from their lines, aren't you?" Minhyuk asked the other man awake in the back. Shownu nor Taeyong had said nothing about the newcomer but Minhyuk had managed to figure out what was going on. His eyes wandered over to the blonde man who was constantly shuffling and changing his positions. He was nervous.

The man, whose name had been revealed to be Kenta, seemed surprised by the sudden conversation starter. He then nodded. "Yeah..." he responded, leaning his head against the window. 

Minhyuk observed the man quietly. He seemed quite young. Younger than most of them. "What was your reason for joining?" He asked next, quite frankly interested in the reason why the other would join such a group.

There is no good reason to join Mr. Chae's ranks.

"What do you mean?" Kenta muttered, obviously not wanting to respond to the question that had been thrown into the air. Minhyuk let out a sigh, leaning his head back a little bit. "Family? Money? Don't get me wrong, I'm just curious... Because you don't just... Go off and join any gang." He spoke calmly. He didn't intend on making the other scared.

Kenta was in the same situation he had been in.

One didn't just simply betray or run away from Mr. Chae. The man was thirsty for blood and any traitors were dead within days of their mistakes. Minhyuk managed to hide his mistakes and that's how he lived long enough to be taken as a prisoner for the X-Crew and eventually was made to join the said group.

Kenta huffed slightly. "Money. My brother was sick." He replied eventually, closing his mouth after. Minhyuk nodded his head and decided to open his mouth next. Maybe opening about himself would make the other more comfortable.

"I... I know how you might be feeling. The fact that you are labeled a traitor and that they want your head on a plate. It's scary." He stated, turning his eyes to the passing sceneries. "I was lucky those fucks eventually thought I was dead, but for the period of time that they were aware of my breathing; I was terrified." He continued, closing his brown eyes when the sceneries weren't entertaining enough.