12

"Everything in this world..."

◅──────▻

The room was only filled with the sound of the keys on a keyboard clicking as Changkyun worked his way through the tightly secured firewall again. It was quite easy after having done it a few times, yet a small mistake could shut him out and force him to start again. Even worse, it could leave signs of tampering.

He had asked for N.Flying's leader's contact info from Hoseok before the man headed down to Gwangju just so that he could use his time on something else other than sitting around. Even if he should rest due to the gunshot wound.

After contacting Lee Seunghyub, who passed him on to talk to their own hacker, he got basic information as to how and where The Devil's Choir contains their files and where he should look to find exactly what he needed. 

He, at first, wasn't sure why the group didn't hack into it themselves but once he started he understood. It was one hell of a firewall with many security methods that definitely hinted that there was some important shit behind those walls.

And Changkyun wanted to bring those walls down. How exciting.

A knock resonated on the door behind his back before it was opened. The hacker paid no mind to the person who decided to enter his space, knowing they won't bother him until he gave the OK.

He managed to get through to the files he had hacked into, letting out a quiet cheer. He immediately started looking through them for the drug cartels The Devil's Choir had tied up knowing he had a select amount of time on the clock.

"What is it?" Changkyun asked the other person in the room yet still kept his eyes on the screen. "Your phone's been ringing for the past thirty minutes." Jooheon's voice echoed in the room. The younger hummed softly, nodding towards his desk. "Put it there." He mumbled as he found the correct folder.

Changkyun clicked it open to be met with a plethora of different names and associations. As he tried to open more things, his phone started ringing again. The man furrowed his eyebrows, moving his gaze to the smaller screen. "It's an unknown number," Jooheon stated but Changkyun's eyes were glued to the number. "3467..." he mumbled out the last four digits before letting his fingers wrap around the device as a bitter laugh clawed its way out of his mouth.

He answered the call, putting the phone between his ear and shoulder. He right-clicked the folder he had opened to copy it onto a USB drive he had attached to his computer. The line stayed quiet for a moment before something was finally heard. 

"Im Changkyun, I recommend you stop there," A voice said, making the said man snarl. He ignored the small shivers that ran down his back at the familiar tone. "Still using the same number I see.." Changkyun muttered, not heeding the warning and copying the folder anyway.

"It's someone you know..?" Jooheon whispered. Changkyun ignored the older, watching the green bar, that indicated that the files were being copied, moving.

"I am serious." The person on the other side spoke making the hacker laugh lightly. "What's it to you?" He asked opening up a software Kihyun had coded to get into some police files. Software to find information about anyone who might have had a criminal past.

He clicked the search bar. "Look, I'm looking out for you here." The other man hissed, making the hacker roll his eyes. "Looking out for me, my ass. The audacity you have to call me while still working with them." Changkyun spat whilst his hand moved over to the number keys and he typed in the old and familiar number.

010-456-3467

A file immediately loaded onto the screen after he pressed enter. "This won't end well for you." The person on the other end said. Changkyun just let out a small hum. "It's been going quite smoothly. If you're calling me to threaten me, it won't work." The man spoke, copying the stuff on the file and swiftly sending them to Jooheon via email. He pulled the phone from his ear turning to the older. "Go out, I'll explain more when Wonho and Hyungwon return." He whispered and the other, very much clueless man nodded his head.