13

"One step at a time..."

◅──────▻

Hyungwon pushed himself up onto the shore, coughing out his lungs. He had accidentally inhaled through his nose whilst he was under the water. It felt like his lungs were on fire as his body tried to shoot out any water. With that came out the dinner he had downed earlier.

Why the fuck would you think inhaling was a good idea? Now comes the secondary drowning or some shit.

He managed to climb onto land and he stayed still for a moment, letting water drip from his clothes onto the ground before finally managing to push himself up to sit.

He let his eyes exhaustedly scan the surrounding area, not seeing much but he sure as hell wasn't far from the bridge they had jumped off of so he needed to move since the search party would come to where he was soon, no doubt.

Pushing himself up from the ground, leaving behind a wet splotch on the ground he started walking away from his spot to find some humanity, even if the fact that he was soaking wet might draw some odd gazes. 

He then couldn't help but wonder how far Changkyun had drifted or if he was out of the water yet. Hyungwon stopped, glancing over his shoulder at the water. A shaky sigh escaped from his lips, shoulders shuddering at the thought that the younger might have been engulfed by the depths. It was a scary thought.

"I need to get home." He then muttered, brushing back his wet hair a little and looking around to figure out where the hell he was. No signs helped his case so Hyungwon pulled out his phone, hoping the phone had survived the bath it had gotten. 

As he was trying to turn on the phone even if he knew that it had likely died completely a voice caught his ears. "So not even police can catch you? God damn, you're stubborn." He moved his eyes from the broken device to be met with the annoyingly familiar brunet standing a few steps away from the soaked man.

Hyungwon snarled, dropping his hands at his sides as he gripped his phone. "This was your doing?" He hissed, eyes glaring at the man. 

How did he know where he was? 

"Maybe. Though shouldn't it be flattering to have Interpol after you? It took a lot of effort, you know?" Asahi grinned, walking closer. Hyungwon only glared at the man, scoffing then. "You fucker." he spat, striding over to the brunet before he could reach Hyungwon first. The soaked man's free hand curled around the other man's throat, holding him at an arm's distance.

His fingers tightened around the body part and Hyungwon basked in the painstaking gasps coming out of the man. Not wanting to kill the man in such a fucking unsatisfying way, he loosened his hold watching the other desperately gasp for air once he got the chance to do so.

"It was fun watching everything go down. I doubted you'd actually be at your old place, fucking hell." Asahi cackled, his voice slightly raspy from the previous treatment but it made Hyungwon's blood boil even more. The sound of the man's voice in Hyungwon's ears just made him want to choke him until every single bit of warmth drained out of him and then throw him into the body of water Hyungwon had just climbed out of.

A hand grabbed his wrist, holding it tightly. "Do you really think you have time for this Hyungwon?" Asahi cocked an eyebrow making Hyungwon bite his tongue to hold back. He let go of the man, shoving him back a little. Hyungwon took to walking past the other man only to have his upper arm grabbed.

How fucking infuriating can a person be?

"Are you trying to imitate Inha? Trying to scare me?" Hyungwon had to ask, glancing at the hand holding his arm in the way his father used to. The grip was nowhere near the strength the dead man used. "Because, if so.." He started lowly, grabbing Asahi's wrist and pulled it off of him. "It's not working." He huffed out before continuing his way.