09

"Is anyone here?"

◅─────▻

Hyungwon ran his fingers through his hair pushing them out of the way of his eyes. He eyed the paper in front of him eyebrows furrowed. It was the last base they hadn't gone to yet and probably wouldn't be going either at this speed due to the issue that had been brought up.

"It.." Changkyun huffed out, clearly frustrated. "It makes no fucking sense." The hacker said, pointing at the screen. Hyungwon tapped the desk, spinning on his chair to see the screen better. 

"There's nothing in the address?" He asked, furrowing his brows. Changkyun nodded his head, zooming in on the map. The older eyed the screen skeptically. "It's an abandoned part of the city. Barely any standing buildings." The hacker exclaimed, slumping in his chair.

Hyungwon huffed lightly. He had joined Changkyun on looking into the last address they had gotten since everyone else went out on patrol. Wonho went out with Shownu to meet with ATEEZ.

"When was the satellite map updated?" Hyungwon asked, sighing. "Not long ago..." The other replied, trying to retype in the address, probably in hopes of spelling error but nothing changed.

Hyungwon ruffled his hair a little. "There has to be something there." He said grabbing the paper from the desk. "Unless they purposefully left a red-herring..." He sighed then, scanning the black text.

"Did you look into the get-away places Minhyuk mentioned?" Hyungwon changed the topic. They couldn't go much further at this point with the last base so it was better to focus on another thing.

"Yeah. Their locations are held behind tight firewalls. I managed to get in for a few minutes yesterday and got these locations." Changkyun spoke calmly, pulling up a few screenshots he had managed to catch. It was better than nothing.

Hyungwon nodded his head. "Let's give those to Wonho when he comes back." Hyungwon sighed, leaning back in his chair and groaning. "Your job is... Tiring." Hyungwon said, stretching out his long legs.

The statement made the younger laugh lightly. "It's a bit. Wanna go for a smoke?"  he suggested. Hyungwon nodded his head and stood up. 

They had been cooped up in the small building hidden away in the trees for hours. Changkyun had wanted to do some work there and Hyungwon didn't mind it. It was homey despite its old look.

The ex-hitman did notice all the signs of it being Kihyun and Changkyun's space but didn't comment on it. They were there for work, nothing else. Of course, if Changkyun was to bring it up first, he would talk about it but he wouldn't start the conversation.

The two walked out of the small building into the fresh air. Hyungwon dug out his cigarettes and took one before offering the younger one. Changkyun declined, taking out his own. "I changed brands." the guy chuckled, pointing at some tree stumps. "Let's sit there."

Hyungwon nodded his head and went to sit down. He lit his cigarette up sighing a little. "Is your hand getting better?" Changkyun asked. Hyungwon lowered his gaze to his broken wrist and nodded. "It'll take over a month to fully heal, but it should be fine." He explained, smiling softly.

Suddenly Hyungwon's phone started ringing and he took it out. "It's Wonho." He said to Changkyun before answering the call and bringing the phone to his ear.

"What is it?" he asked, placing the phone between his shoulder and ear. "Are you and I.M okay?" His lover's voice came through the speaker. The man sounded very worried making Hyungwon furrow his brows. "Yeah, why?" He stated.