Chapter 25

"They were killed Jidiwi. They killed them in front of my eyes "Jinyoen continued sobbing.  She was laying her head on Jidiwi's shoulder. 

"You don't have to tell me Jinu. It's alright. "

"No, I need to get this out." She wiped her tears away.

"I missed my brother so much. So, I asked Chang father to send me home early.  When I got home I didn't see the happy face of my father. He was worried.  I asked him about it.  But he didn't say anything.  One night when I was sleeping orabeoni  woke me up."

"Jinu, Jinu wake up.?" Jinyoen rubbed her eyes lazily

"What is it orabeoni?"

"Come with me. Make no sound. " He led Jinyoen to the stables.

"Jinu, you must promise me something " Jinyoen nodded her head.

"No matter what happened do not come out from here. Make no sound. You must stay alive. "

"Why orabeoni? What has happened?"

"Do you remember me telling about a boy who was here somedays ago" Jinyoen nodded her head telling 'yes'

"Do you know who he is? He is the king.  You know what happens when someone sees the king's face."

Jinyoen started to cry. "No this can't be. They can't kill you. I won't let it happen.  I'll tell them I saw his face too."

"No, Jinu no. You must live. Do you love me Jinu?"

"Yes"

"Then you must live. You must live for me." They heard horses were galloping towards their house.  Kwan-Hyun quickly kissed her forehead and" Stay happy my sister.  Remember father and I love you. When I meet our mother I 'll tell her how beautiful and kind girl you are" he left. Jinyoen watched the soldiers got from their horses. Jinyeon's eyes widened when she saw who as a lady came into the view.  She was the queen herself. She smirked at Jinyoen's father and, 

"Did you think to survive Keng Haneul? Ah! Your son is here too. What a pleasant surprise. I know your daughter is here too. Where is she. Is she sleeping? It's alright. Let her sleep. She won't be in pain when she dies. What are you waiting for? Finish them"

The queen's guard killed them in a second.  Jinyoen had to bite her dress to prevent herself from screaming.  She watched her father's and brother's bodies dragging by soldiers. They set her  house in fire. She heard the queen saying, " Now people will believe that they died because of the fire. " 

When they left Jinyoen came out from the stables.  She remembered the promise she made for her brother.  She got on a horse and went back with a deep wound in her heart.

"People believed my father, brother and I died that day. Only a few people know the real identity of mine." Jidiwi was shocked. 'How curel my mother can be?' He was disgusted. The person who saved his life, the person who bought a smile to his face are dead because of him. Now, the girl he loved was suffering in front of him.

"Do you hate the king for killing your family?"

"Hate is a strong word Jidiwi. I do not hate him. It's not his fault after all. I don't even hate the queen. I couldn't bring myself to hate someone. I'm not capable of that. My brother told me about him. He told me how sad he looked. How his eyes sparkled when my brother asked to be friend with him. Having a coldhearted person like Jiso as his mother must be hard. She cannot understand people. She thinks the people belong to her. But she is wrong. The people don't belong to the ruler . The ruler belongs to the people. Tell me how did you get to know my brother?"

"I lived capital  for sometime and be friend with him"

"What did you guys do?" So, Jidiwi began to tell. He was in the middle of a story when he noticed Jinyoen was fast asleep on his shoulder. He placed her in bed gently. He watched as she pulled the covers and turned to the other side of the bed. 'You understands me more than my own mother Jinu. Your eyes can see right through my deep soul.'